Rocker Panel Source?

Does anyone know of an aftermarket supplier of rocker panels for a 2 door pathfinder. I know you can still get most of them from Nissan, but I can't justify spending $1200 on factory parts right now. I've toyed with the idea of using some off a jy donor, but I'd rather start fresh. I have a feeling I would have a hard time finding any that are in decent shape around here anyways...

Well both the inner and outer rocker panels as well as the extension pieces that go to the back wheel would all need to be replaced. Honestly I'd hire someone to do it. I have a fair bit of mechanical know how, but bodywork not so much... So maybe that's what a body shop would do, just fab up some replacements?

If it's your thing you can always "hide" some not-so-perfect bodywork with bedliner, chipguard, etc. But I can understand the desire to ship it off to someone else. Bodywork ain't one of my favorites either

Here's the thread I posted a few weeks back...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=31274

This same outfit sells rocker panels for hardbody pickups. Between the two part offerings, you should be able to get something working for a 2 door pathfinder.

Somebody should probably pin this so it doesn't get lost. I bought a pair for my rig.

Edited by RJSquirrel

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the 2 door and 4 door rocker panels are interchangable?

The 4 door pieces should work on a 2 door if trimmed appropriately. The 2 and 4 door pathfinders have the same wheelbase so the length should be fine.

Oh okay, thanks. I'm sure if anything it'll be easier to trim those a little if needed than to fab up some. Is there any way you could possibly measure the length of these replacements for me, that way I can know how much exactly these will replace?

Edited by RustyButTrusty

67 3/8" is the overall length. If you only have rust in the front, you could probably get away with buying the rocker for the D21 pickup, and sectioning it in. I happen to have a pair of those, too. They are 35 1/2" between the lap weld flanges, and 38" overall length.

Edited by RJSquirrel

That piece of info help me immensely thank you! You appear to be correct about using the hardbody rockers for the front, however most of my rust is towards the middle/back. The only thing that concerns me is that the my 2 door appears to have different seams than the 4 door because of the door configuration. I'm thinking they may work though. Now are these panels just the outer panel or are they the inner panel as well?

Both the pieces for the 4 door pathfinder and D21 truck are outers only. The inners are relatively simple stampings and you should be able to just weld in sheet 16g for patch(es) if they are not too far gone. A trip to the junkyard with a battery powered drill and sawzall might get you a patch section you can use for the inners if one of the ribs is gone.