Saw this on my toyota forum and thought i'd share

unccpathfinder

Here is a summary of the post...(warning there is some blood in the last pic)

Hey Guys,

About 3 months ago I had a little accident and lost my pride and joy in a head-on collision with an 18 wheeler on a 70 mph highway. I thought I would post pictures of the death of my Tacoma. I've been in a wheelchair for the past 3 months and finally have been released to start learning to walk again. I had too many injuries to list and was in critical condition for awhile. I've got a long road ahead of me but will soon be purchasing another Tacoma. Enjoy the pics guys and be careful out there.

Kript

I actually fell asleep and crossed the median. It was about 2 am and I was headed home from my girlfriends. I don't remember a damn thing about the accident. NOT ONE THING. All I remember is waking up in the ER and doctors were all over me. Broke my back in two places, broke four ribs, shoved my femer bone through my hip and pelvis, they had to drill a hole in my leg and put me in traction for three days to pull my leg bones back into place before they did surgery. My back is healed, my ribs are healed, my hips are doing ok. My pelvis is healed. Now I just have to learn to walk again. My girlfriend was supposed to have been with me but she decided to stay home at the last minute. She'd be dead right now if she had been with me.

Health update, I've been taking physical therapy for the past several weeks. Its been a tough road but I am progressing well. I finally feel like I am starting to heal. The nerve damage pain is calming down. For a while, it felt like I had no skin on my leg from the ankle down to my toes. That feeling isn't totally gone but has calmed down a lot. I am walking without crutches or a cane now. But I have to wear a PTO brace on my foot to keep it in place. I have drop foot which is a form of being paralized and have no control of it, but at least I'm walking. My back is healed, my ribs are healed. Everyday I seem to find another peice of glass in my arm or head which I have to dig out. I'm driving as well and it's amazing how you see everything happening in front of you that you took for granted before. I'm not sure if I will ever be 100% but I'm just glad I can stand and walk. Maybe I will prove the doctors wrong and one day I'll run.

sideview.jpg

halftruck.jpg

front_view.jpg

onlysafeplace.jpg

Normally ones I see that look like that I don't post up in respect for the families of those who were in the car at the time... That guy now counts his lucky stars and has good reason to, at least he is recovering (I don't care the pace, recovering is recovering)

HOLY MOTHER OF ... wow.

Hope its a full recovery. Missed Dodged a bullet there. Best wishes to him.

sorry, wasn't fully paying attention to what i was typing before.

Edited by PathfinderIII

Damn!!

Missed a bullet?? Isn't it dodged a bullet?? Why are there shotgun shells under the seat??

As was said, he is lucky he is alive and doing fairly well. Far too many people taking the physics of driving for granted...

B

Ha...b he's from Greensboro nc...y wouldn't there be shells under the seat? Until moab I had probably 2 boxes Not burned shells under the seat...down here we can live up to the gun toting heehaw yelling beer drankin good fun having rednecks...lol

I think you missed cow tipping, banjo playing and mud boggin'... It's all good!! :beer:

My D720 kingcab 4x4 was broken into 2 times in the first 5 of the 10 years I had it, but not the last 5. I hung my 'road demon' mask from the rear view mirror along with a mobil made of spent 357 and 12 gauge casings and no more break in's so there is something to be said a bit of HeeHaw too. ;)

B