Stock Height Coil Springs

Guest littlecleo

Guest littlecleo

I've got a 93 Pathfinder SE, and the rear coil springs are sagging badly, especially when I put a load on the vehicle. I've seen a lot of aftermarket springs that are beefier than the stock versions, but all lift the vehicle 2" - 3". I'd really like to keep the stock height, and not have to completely lift the Pathfinder. Who manufactures coil springs, of stock height for the Pathfinder?

Guest littlecleo

Ok, that's a good one. Of course I'm looking for a heavier duty spring, as the stock Nissans are evidently not designed for towing, or much off road use.

If you put heavier spring rate coils (but not taller) in there, it'll probably ride like a Mack truck when the back end's unloaded... boingy boingy...

Get yourself a set of JGC springs and cut a full coil off the top. That might get you about where you want to be. They're a higher spring rate than stock.

Or you could try to find some rear air shocks, that'd help.

I've got Moog (TRW) "cargo coils" on the back of mine, that I put in when the stock one's sagged too much. They're a higher spring rate than stock, and are variable rate, so they don't sag under load. The ride isn't too bouncy, and there's alot less roll as compared to the old stockies that were in there. I've had them in for about a year and a half, and I'm happy with them. :aok:

Air shocks help big time and they're pretty cheap. Add air when carrying a heavy load, then release some pressure when driving normal. Or just leave them full for a bit of a lift like I did till I got the JCG springs. :crazy: Mine are Gabriel brand, and they run somewhere around $65 or so last I saw.