3" body lift bumper bracket pic question.

wd21overland

OK so my 3" body lift finally arrived today and since i had weeks to prepare for it like extending lines moving brackets and installing longer hoses it took about 4 hours to install the lift and tighten everything up minus the front bumper.

I've read PA's lovely directions and there not the best and I've read through the forums and other sites and they were all great when it came to everything else minus the front bumper.

My question is does anyone have any pics of the brackets installed i've found and few from the terrano body lift post but they were at a angle so hard to tell from that pic.

My guess is the the bottom hole of the straight bracket bolts to the factory holes in the frame and then top holes of the brackets just go on the factory bumper bracket holes basically having the brackets at 90 degrees so just raising it straight up.

It became pitch black out here before i had a chance to put the bumper on so just seeing if i can get some pics or clear directions so i can make easy work of it tomorrow and be on the road again.

I do agree the bumper is going to be basically on for show after this is done since i don't expect it to hold up much in a crash.

I will be picking up a arb bumper as a Christmas gift to myself this winter but just wanting to get it on for now until then.

Well i actually got a email back from Performance Accessories Customer support it a few hours after sending so not bad really.

He didn't send me any pics but did tell me that i had the right idea here is what he said.

The relocation is quite easy: the brackets that came with the kit have two holes, 1 to bolt on the frame and 1 to bolt on the bumper

bracket itself. The kit's brackets should end up at a average of 90 deg angle with the frame to put your bumper 3" higher.

Pics would have still be great but i will take what i can get lol.

I do agree the bumper is going to be basically on for show after this is done since i don't expect it to hold up much in a crash.

I will be picking up a arb bumper as a Christmas gift to myself this winter but just wanting to get it on for now until then.

Yep, it'll will only be good for holding the signal lights...

ARB has discontinued the bumper for the WD21 so unless you have a line on one already, don't count on it. The bumpers for the D21 are rumored to be still available, but they fit a 2" lift, not a 3" lift... :shrug:

B

Well i got called away for a quick TDY so just got back today to work on getting the bumper on.

Sadly i have to say the bumper took longer to get on then installing the rest of the body lift lol.

total time for everything was just alittle of 4 hours to do the whole body lift. But i do have a 4 post lift at my house making lifting the body cake. so add more time if i had to use a jack.

Nissans are a study in contradictions: some parts are designed beautifully, but some parts were apparently designed on Bring Your Bong To Work Day. The bumpers definitely fall into the second category. :doh:

As with all vehicles, there are many engineers with different views and each different one gets to work on a different piece of the vehicle. If that piece will be properly engineered or not depends on the engineer doing it. The bumper engineering just seems to have been handed over to an idiot.