Rubber vs. Polyurethane

blackspawn

Well I got everything ordered thru Steevo; I went with Energy Suspension(red) on all the bushing now all I have to do is finish tearing everything down and wait for the parts to come in.Thanks everybody I'll post up some pics when I'm finished.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did my sway bar bushings and end links, and it came with some lube in a little tube. Not sure if all Energy Suspension bushings come this way but mine did.

Mine didn't. :shiftyeyes:

Hmm. They called it thermoplastic rubber (the blue stuff). I guess you are right, that could just be their code word for polyurethane. There do exist thermoplastic polyurethanes, and I guess "rubber" can refer to "synthetic rubber" which can be pretty much anything. Perhaps I will try to slop some grease on top, better than nothing at this point. At least I know how to do it properly for next time.

there are many different types of poly / synthetic rubber, and i would not bother with slapping grease on top of it as it is non-penetrating and will just sit there.

Perhaps Moogs blue stuff is longer lived than some of the other options out there?

Should I change out the bottom control arm bushing with poly, right now I dont feel any play in it. I got everything else off and the bottom seem like a bitch to deal with. Any one else change their out?

A bitch to deal with is an under statement! If they look ok leave them alone. It requires special tools and you won't get it without making or buying something. I bent up a 5/8" all thread trying to pull the new bushing back in there. One of mine was bad because the truck was wrecked before I got it. After changing that side I left the other side alone!

James

A bitch to deal with is an under statement! If they look ok leave them alone. It requires special tools and you won't get it without making or buying something. I bent up a 5/8" all thread trying to pull the new bushing back in there. One of mine was bad because the truck was wrecked before I got it. After changing that side I left the other side alone!

James

Ok, I'm convinced on leaving them alone!

I got to get this thing back together before it gets too cold(winter), this is my main vehicle.

Where did you order them from? Have they shipped yet? I did my sway bar bushings and end links, ordered them from Summit and they were here within 2 days. Helps I live not far from their Nevada distribution, but they shipped them the day I ordered.

Where did you order them from? Have they shipped yet? I did my sway bar bushings and end links, ordered them from Summit and they were here within 2 days. Helps I live not far from their Nevada distribution, but they shipped them the day I ordered.

I bought them from Rugged Rocks(Steevo)on the 19th and haven't seen sqat! I may have to go and buy some cheap ones just to get back on the road.

I bought them from Rugged Rocks(Steevo)on the 19th and haven't seen sqat! I may have to go and buy some cheap ones just to get back on the road.

I'd call/email him, lots of people on the board have had good experience with him so maybe something got messed up along the way.

I'd call/email him, lots of people on the board have had good experience with him so maybe something got messed up along the way.

I called one time and left a number to reach me,no response. I'll call again tomorrow.

Last time I had to get any bushings (energy suspension through Steeevo) he did inform me they shipped ou directly from E/S, not off a RR shelf. It did take a day or so over a week to arrive for me, which is average shipping time for stuff to arrive to me anyway

Last time I had to get any bushings (energy suspension through Steeevo) he did inform me they shipped ou directly from E/S, not off a RR shelf. It did take a day or so over a week to arrive for me, which is average shipping time for stuff to arrive to me anyway

Ok,thanks..guess I'll just continue to work on other things on the truck and be patient.

Steevo said my order has been overlooked, been almost (2) weeks.*sigh* Right now the word JEEP doesn't sound that bad.

In todays internet world if I dont get a tracking number or delivery update within a couple days of ordering, I call or email.

I dont know what buying a Jeep is going to get done, all WD21's are at least 16 years or older, and like any car that age are bound to have a few issues that pop up. Its not your Pathys fault your order was overlooked.

Edited by Trogdor636

In todays internet world if I dont get a tracking number or delivery update within a couple days of ordering, I call or email.

I dont know what buying a Jeep is going to get done, all WD21's are at least 16 years or older, and like any car that age are bound to have a few issues that pop up. Its not your Pathys fault your order was overlooked.

2 weeks for bushings is ridiculous!!! I understand the pathfinder is old,but I can get parts for my 88 Honda Prelude in 3 days! We're not not talking about a hard to find parts, BUSHINGS!!!! W.T.F.!!! Its not like they only made a few thousand Pathfinders, I should have had this f8&$3! back together and driving by now!

2 weeks for bushings is ridiculous!!! I understand the pathfinder is old,but I can get parts for my 88 Honda Prelude in 3 days! We're not not talking about a hard to find parts, BUSHINGS!!!! W.T.F.!!! Its not like they only made a few thousand Pathfinders, I should have had this f8&$3! back together and driving by now!

But 2 weeks isnt because the Pathfinder is hard to find parts for. Its because your order was overlooked, and you didnt inquire about it until now. If you went with a bushing other than a Energy Suspension, chances are your local parts store could of had them within 3 days. My Autozone can get Energy Suspension bushings, I just chose Summit because the price was cheaper, and I know with a shipping center in Reno/Sparks Nevada, that my parts are 1-2 days of shipping away.