Exhaust bolts

Pbpredator

Center punch?? The automatic ones are handy for this.

Center drill?? They are extremely stout and make a nice pilot hole to help you drill straight.

Drill bushing? these sleeves help center and support the drill so it walks less.

Which is it you are going to use?

B

Center punch?? The automatic ones are handy for this.

what do you speak of? pic? example? might help me. because upon further inspection today i noticed that the bolt isn't very deep within the threads so its not flush but its also not very deep. im thinking this might help me because I don't have much room where I'm working

what do you speak of? pic? example? might help me. because upon further inspection today i noticed that the bolt isn't very deep within the threads so its not flush but its also not very deep. im thinking this might help me because I don't have much room where I'm working

Center Punch

yeah i definitely advise using this technique... requires a mig welder and he demanded 3/8 nuts.. but i assume you could use any as long as they are strong enough? although one nut did break into a million red hot pieces when he was doing it so might have something to do with it... and they had to be brand new with no corrosion at all... and what he did was build up a bunch of the welding material in the shaft of then welded the nut to a "nipple" he had made with the welding material and let it cool for a bit... then he put a 9/16 wrench to it... came out on the third try... told me he was gonna keep it as a souvenir because it was the first one he did out of his shop lol.

You should be able to just thread the studs in by hand. I guess you have a couple options of what to put on the threads: nothing, anti-seize, high temp loctite. Depends on your mood :) What do your washers look like? I think the OEM ones have the narrow side out.