KILLED IT

PaMountianbiker

Run some seafoam in there and swee if it helps.

Jose

I wouldn't run a harsh solvent such as Seafoam in the crankcase because there's always a risk that it could break off a large chunk of deposits and clog the oil pickup screen or some oil passage, leading to very bad things. In the gas or maybe through a vacuum line it'd probably be fine, though. IMO the only thing that should go in the crankcase, is engine oil. Maybe the OP should do a bunch of low miles oil changes with the cheapest oil & filter he can find instead, something like SuperTech oil + Fram filter. Normally I wouldn't recommend Fram at all due to their poor construction and very small amounts of filtering media - I mean they're not awful filters, but for their price you can do much better. See one cut open here, and compare to a Purolator PL14610 I cut open, or even a Nissan "shorty" OEM. Their XtendedGuard line of filters is very good though - metal end caps, synthetic filtering media... those are actually worth every penny and can make 10-12k miles easy. But I digress at this point.

• 2 weeks later...