1992 PATHFINDER

MISSHAWKINS

HELLO EVERYONE! I NEED A TAD BIT OF HELP WITH MY 1992 PATHFINDER. THE FUEL FILTER, FUEL PUMP, AND SPARK PLUGS HAVE ALL BEEN CHANGED, BUT IT STILL WILL NOT STAY CRUNK. THE TRUCK WAS PURCHASED IN FLORIDA AND TWOED TO ATL, GA. ORIGIANNLY IT WOULD NOT PASS THE EMMISSIONS TEST. I HAD A DIAGNOSTICS CHECK RAN ON IT AND IT GAVE OUT TWO DIFFERENT CODES. WHAT ARE MY CHNACES THAT IT IS THE 02 SENSOR?

Man, I hate it when my Pathy goes out and gets crunk. I can always tell, too, I turn the key and the belts go YEAH BOI... and I'm like come on, man, I just want to go the the post office, and when I talk it out of clubbing, it still tries to pick up Sentras on the way. The worst part is, I can smell the alcohol on its exhaust. :jk:

You mean it quits running? You can run the codes yourself (there's a thread on here on how to do it). I did it myself the other day, it was dead easy. If the problem is emissions, your o2 sensor could well be part of it. There's a code for that, or some way to test it (flashing light or something; it's with the how-to-pull-codes thread).

Good luck, and if you tell us more specifically what the problem is, we might be of more help. :)

Edited by Slartibartfast
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1. you gonna have to tell us the codes before we can help you with anything

2. the caps lock key is on the left side of the keyboard, turn it off

3. the oxygen sensor, if it has a problem, is located in the midpipe and for your year it's a smaller 12mm sensor