Noob that just joined the fun! :)

nealongreene

Hello everyone! I just joined and am currently trying to get A 1990 pathfinder, but if that doesnt work out I'll still try to get a pathy eitherway :). Anyways, I need a little help on finding body parts and engine parts.. etc that go for cheap on a 1990. Since the pathy i'm currently looking at is in pretty rough shape.. But it runs. And I need it to be ready for winter because I don't want to use my precious AWD talon in the winter x).

So on that note, tell me what you guys think of the pathfinder - I know its rather rusty, but I can fix it if its cheap enough, just need your guy's help! :)

What it looks like it needs replacements on:

Brake pads, Rotors, Springs/Shocks, some interior stuff (seats, radio, etc.), Exterior body panels.

What I plan to do with it:

Lift kit, Bigger wheels/rims, mount lights on front and top, Top roof carrage (for shovels, towing chains and misc winter stuff), HID lights... Possibly a turbo x) just for fun.

Has nearly 300,000 kms on engine, it runs but needs a new battery, it's Standard. I am offering $300 (maybe $250), but what do you guys think? Worth it? I do have the time to fix it up, but all i need is; the where-to-get-parts-for-it. I can't really find any on ebay other than clutches, brakes and timing belts :/

Theres a lot of pictures that i don't want to wait to upload em all. So I posted a link to my Photobucket album if that's ok.

Pathfinder Pictures

http://s899.photobucket.com/albums/ac197/nealongreene/1990%20Pathfinder/

1st welcome!

27.5th I want some more info on the DSM (most others won't care too much about that though)

Rth You only have 1 picture of the main concern, the frame!

Left-th Just like a DSM, salvage yards are goeing to be one of your best allies :aok:

Roundish I would worry about maintnance things befor ecosmetics (timing belt, tune up stuff, making sure suspension/steering is nic eand right, etc. Check the wd21 specific areas for some "look for" and "do this" type of stuff)

Pics? Link is good but some people are lazy and want to see stuff without clicking so dont be shy to put at least 1 or 2 in a post! ( use the img codes just in case you didn't know)

1st welcome!

27.5th I want some more info on the DSM (most others won't care too much about that though)

Rth You only have 1 picture of the main concern, the frame!

Left-th Just like a DSM, salvage yards are goeing to be one of your best allies :aok:

Roundish I would worry about maintnance things befor ecosmetics (timing belt, tune up stuff, making sure suspension/steering is nic eand right, etc. Check the wd21 specific areas for some "look for" and "do this" type of stuff)

Pics? Link is good but some people are lazy and want to see stuff without clicking so dont be shy to put at least 1 or 2 in a post! ( use the img codes just in case you didn't know)

Hahaha You like DSMs or what?

Its a 1991 Eagle talon TSi AWD thats still pretty stock so far x) Im working on getting an Evo III turbo in it and 950cc injectors this winter. Same with painting it white.

So will the pathfinder be worth buying for $250-$300?

I think so the body could be fixed pretty easily yourself if you've done that kinda thing before. Just make sure the frame is solid, though it looks OK from what I could see in the pics.

For most parts you can get them at part source or crappy tire. But if you want to get stuff online I would recommend checking out rockauto and there is a discount code in the thread here in the services section.

I think so the body could be fixed pretty easily yourself if you've done that kinda thing before. Just make sure the frame is solid, though it looks OK from what I could see in the pics.

For most parts you can get them at part source or crappy tire. But if you want to get stuff online I would recommend checking out rockauto and there is a discount code in the thread here in the services section.

Thank youu!! :)

good luck on getting a pathy! there is a wealth of ways to get parts for pathy's, here, in the classifieds or vendor section, online as adam said... many resources here.

god luck, hope to see you around the forums! WAVEY

That is one rusty Pathy body! But yeah, most of what you'll need, you'll find in a junk yard. Do yourself a favor, before you start, pick up a whole lot of PBlaster and a bag of 10mm nuts and bolts. The stock fasteners like to stick and break off. (Might want to get some rust converter, too!)

To check the frame, jack up the rear end, pull a wheel off, and beat on the frame (the lower part of the side, above the axle) with a hammer and flat-bladed screwdriver. If it punches through, or makes a dull thunk (metal rings), it has frame rot. It can be fixed, it's just a pain (and can result in losing an axle if allowed to go crazy). It's also easy to miss, because it rots in the highest part of the frame, where the wheel hides it.

If it drives and the frame is good, then I'd say it's worth that. The local junkyard quoted me more than that for just a frame!