#NowWithPics - New 1995 pathy in Burnaby, BC

alkatraz

Life long Nissan enthusiast (owned 3 s13 240sxs) I just bought my first pathy - a clean, rust free 95 base model. Taking the wive's practically new 2009 altima camping wasn't going over very well so I figured it was time to pickup a SUV and step our adventures up a notch.

Read a lot of the how to's on here before buying one earlier today so I figured I would register to say hi and thanks to everyone who has shared their experience here.

Looking forward to getting to know my new wd21 a lot better.

Edited by alkatraz

Thanks for the welcome - been learning a lot lurking already.

Some pics,

Before I Bought It

IMG_4352.jpg

IMG_4355.jpg

Stock 6" wheels (I think) with 235/75/15. Ugh they were stuck so far in on the rear wheel well it was making me ill.

1.5 weeks later,

New (used) Wheels/Tires

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4375.jpg

31x10.5r15 BFG All Terrain T/A on Toyota Landcruiser wheels from craigslist for dirt. MUCH better! They barely fit though, took it to Goodyear tires on Willington for their help in making sure I wasn't going to destroy the fenders - it was a TIGHT. They ground off a bit of the front fender and used a heat gun to move the mudflap back a bit.

Next

I impulse bought the 3" body lift kit from 4x4parts.com and that's arriving next week. Will probably wait until next spring to put that on, starting looking for a set of 33's on deep dish wheels, and maybe suspension too. (yeah I know suspension is the priority, but I won't be crawling any time soon)

Edited by alkatraz

I have always liked that color. Just a little curious why you didn't tackle the fender mods yourself?

I have a history of creating more problems than solving them when I try to "fix" vehicles myself. :) It was good though, watched them work on it and learned - would feel comfortable doing it myself next time around.

Howdy Alkatraz, and welcome.

Thank you and you are welcome!! :beer:

Good looking truck (the 94-95 are my favorite), but too bad it doesn't have the rear tire carrier. While it does add some weight, the trade off for getting the spare out of the back and having something to to mount antennas, lights, gas cans, shovels, etc is well worth it to me.

I have a history of creating more problems than solving them when I try to "fix" vehicles myself. :) It was good though, watched them work on it and learned - would feel comfortable doing it myself next time around.

Smart approach, I have no problem taking this approach when appropriate or available. No shame in learning the task and having it done well at the same time... :D

B

Nice looking rig. Your first pics remind me of mine, when I first bought it, looked exactly the same! I added a tire carrier to mine though because I couldn't stand the spare inside.

Howdy & welcome!

Nice looking ride you've got there. The pick-a-part in Chilliwack have a few WD21 Pathfinders in their yard if you need parts or a spare tire carrier.

Thanks guys - yeah I'm dying to get rid of the spare inside the cabin.

Went camping to Keremeos on the weekend and the Pathfinder barely fit more "stuff" than the Altima! Need to get that rear tire carrier asap.

Some pics of the trip:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=31104