Another Newb

Trogdor636

Hey guys, another new guy to the site. Live in Northern California. Picked up a 94 SE about 2-3 months ago, have no idea how I never found this forum. Had Nissans for many years now, but its always been 2WD trucks, or a 510 here and there. First Pathfinder, and some of the info I have already found here is great. Sure I will be browsing often.

welcome! Don't tell B where you live! He's low on human beefTM!

you found the righ tplace to keep that Pathfinder alive for a good wHile though, search around, read up, and ask around... we'll keep ya on (and off) the road :aok:

Hey Bud, welcome to NPORA!! Well, at least you found us now... :D

Where in NorCal are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm over in Santa Rosa...

B

Im way up in NorCal. Redding, about 2 hours north of Sacramento. I bought my Pathy in your area though. Girl lived in Sonoma but I picked it up in Petaluma. Its unfortunately from Illinois though, and I have all the rusty bolts to prove it. PB Blaster is my new best friend for the few things I have worked on.

welcome! Don't tell B where you live! He's low on human beefTM!

OOhhh!!! I haven't had Human Beef™ in a while!!

Don't worry Bud, it's a take from someones misreading. I cook a lot and have a specialty Hunan beef dish my wife (and others) enjoy.

Im way up in NorCal. Redding, about 2 hours north of Sacramento. I bought my Pathy in your area though. Girl lived in Sonoma but I picked it up in Petaluma. Its unfortunately from Illinois though, and I have all the rusty bolts to prove it. PB Blaster is my new best friend for the few things I have worked on.

Redding is too far to drive for ingredients anyway I've been through Redding a few times but the closest I have stayed is Oroville or Dunsmuir. If I'm ever up that way or you are down here, lets have a beer at least.

Funny, both my Pathfinders were from out of state, the first one from Rustchester NY, and the second from Nunyania Pensilvania. Both only passed 1 winter before moving to the most populous state so the rust isn't bad at all, but more than a Cali car. The wife's R50 is native IIRC and there isn't a speck of rust on it...

lube is always your friend :lol:

:bwack:

B

Don't worry Bud, it's a take from someones misreading. I cook a lot and have a specialty Hunan beef dish my wife (and others) enjoy.

Redding is too far to drive for ingredients anyway I've been through Redding a few times but the closest I have stayed is Oroville or Dunsmuir. If I'm ever up that way or you are down here, lets have a beer at least.

Funny, both my Pathfinders were from out of state, the first one from Rustchester NY, and the second from Nunyania Pensilvania. Both only passed 1 winter before moving to the most populous state so the rust isn't bad at all, but more than a Cali car. The wife's R50 is native IIRC and there isn't a speck of rust on it...

:bwack:

B

Deal on the beer. According to Carfax mine was in the Chicago area until about 99 when it made its way out to the Bay Area. The frame is solid, a few bits of the body have a little surface rust. However its the brackets, bolts and screws that are daring me to remove them. I've already had to drill out a broken bolt from the headlight bracket when I replaced a broken headlight. I have a feeling I am gonna start raiding the local Pick n Pull for just random bolts and screws everytime I am out there.

Redding is too far to drive for ingredients anyway

B

:rofl: I was there last summer and I think I passed through your area on my way north. Welcome.

... we'll keep ya on (and off) the road :aok:

and just WHAT would the nunners mobile (aka: white owl) know about OFF ROAD? :rofl::hugs:

ooh, never buy a pathy from out here unless it's a parts pig lol

B

there's something i never knew.......

welcome to the forums! i used to live in the bowels of hell the central valley in CA til i moved to indiana 2 yrs ago. all 4 of my pathy's were CA born n raised, brought my 91 & 92's out here (sold the 88 & 90), second i unpacked i hit the frames and bodies to prevent rust, then i went wheelin :D

so far i have been successful at preventing my beloved trucks from looking like the low mileage, pristine interiored, rusted, busted framed victims in our JY's... i'm pretty sure i have the only non-rusted 91 pathy with 240k on it in the state of indiana lol.

enjoy the forums, ask away, go meet B & K (he's a GREAT guy, she's an awesome gal), and enjoy your pathy! :beer:

and just WHAT would the nunners mobile (aka: white owl) know about OFF ROAD? :rofl::hugs:

Oh har-d-har-har. Just cause WhiteOwl been gettin it fairly easy, he WILL leave the pavement and at least be ready for it... Specially after King gets his big boy parts... :hugs:

Oh har-d-har-har. Just cause WhiteOwl been gettin it fairly easy, he WILL leave the pavement and at least be ready for it... Specially after King gets his big boy parts... :hugs:

you mean you're going to wait til i get my SAS to wheel with me? hehehe