auto trans O.D downshifting

wooden49

i would'nt think it should shift this way but if your's has been doing it for yrs then maybe it is what it is. your reply has been the only answer so far thanks by any chance does your green 4x4 light stay on when you know the front tires are not pulling??? thanks again

i would'nt think it should shift this way but if your's has been doing it for yrs then maybe it is what it is. your reply has been the only answer so far thanks by any chance does your green 4x4 light stay on when you know the front tires are not pulling??? thanks again

Your 4x4 light should not be on as long as the transfer case is in 2HI and the front hubs are unlocked.

Are you sure it isn't the torque converter unlocking and the locking up again once you resume throttle?

this.

I cleaned the o.d,sport-touring and auto-power switchs with brake cleaner the hosed them down with wd-40 now the trans. stays in o.d when you let off the gas and to get it to kick you have to try which it wasn't doing before ,it would sort of cycle on its own. the 4x4 light was a switch on the side of the transfer case that the wires were shorted together. like i said this is one of the two i bought as a set and as soon as i get thebugs out of this one i get to start all over. that one's a 91 with the 5 speed and i already know its got the exshaust stud issue

thanks for the help