a/c blower motor question

I have searched this topic and I think I have my answer but would like opinions to be certain. Since I got my 93 the a/c fan has been sketchy. Works sometimes but not others. When it would not work on its own I could tap the area under the glove box and it would start up. As of this morning that trick doesn't work anymore. Does that sound like the resistor? The other posts I read referred to the switch only working in one position. That is not exactly my situation. I just want to make sure I am looking at the right fix.

Thanks

Sounds like the motor is worn out. The same thing happened to me. You can take it apart and clean it and it will work for another little while but eventually will have to be replaced. Just do it before it fails in the middle of the winter like it did for me :thumbsdown:

put 12v directly to the motor see if it spins if not then dig deeper like the resistor being burnt, you may beable to have the brushes replaced but clue less as were to look for replacment brushes

I just finished pulling everything apart. The evaporator box was full of leaves and crap. I probably removed about 3 to 4 cups of material. The resistor also had some fried bugs and other stuff lodged in it. The blower fan had some leaves in it too but not as bad. I sprayed everything down with electronics cleaner and re-assembled. Everything works fine now! The fan runs on all 3 speeds and auto. The whole thing took about 30 minutes. Thanks a lot everyone for the guidance. No more sweating in my car!