Wiper Blade replacements

Guest Butterglow

Guest Butterglow

The factory blades seem to freeze quite easily despite having the heat blowing on the windshield.

Any suggestions for a good wiper blade replacement?

Thanks.

I use the Trico Teflon blades in summer and the Trico winter blades in winter....they work very well for me.

If your wipers freeze to your windshield, I suggest you pull them up when you park in winter. I do this, and never have a problem. :aok:

well i just use some boshe blades, not the cheapest but not the most expensive either. i really dont have to worry about blades freezing cause its hot as hell in texas, although in the winter it does get cold enough to freeze the dew that forms on the windshield. its cold enough for me, some times i feel sorry for you guys up north but then i rember you get snow, something we very very rarely get in houston.

Get a set of winter blades. They use a rubber boot over the wiper linkage to keep them from freezing. The idea of putting them 'up' when it snows will only prevent the blades from sticking to the windshield, but a few minutes of defrost should free them up. I only put the wipers up on nights when an ice storm is predicted, but not for snow. And yes, it's allready snowing in Maine.

m.

You could move to southern california where it doesn't freeze or rain so you don't really need the blades. In seriousness, mine where out faster here than back east because it is so dry and hot, they just crack and don't sweep away dew.

-J

• 4 years later...