01 QX4 owners, question about your indash clock?

vq35

Ok so I replaced my digital clock with that of the qx4 and the back light is on and it is working on and off (just as with my digital clock AND I cannot seem to rotate the arms to adjust the time) - so instead of fixing mine, I took the qx4 one and is soldering the solution for this as well?? Has anyone experienced problems with their QX4 clock and what did you do other than replace the whole thing!!??? Any help would be appreciated.

The next question is that I want to install the power valves from the auto r50s - mine is a 5spd and only coughs up 240torq whereas the auto 3.5 loses 10 hp only to produce 265torq!!! I understand that the function is electronically controlled by the auto tranny (as the revs go up, more torq is produced) and mine probably has 250torq MAX - WITH an intake and exhaust (all tuning up to date) - no way I am gonna cough up $1200 PLUS labour for cams from 4x4 altho it REALLY seems tempting!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. I am pretty sure that clock is straight up mechanical with only a backlight (but I could be wrong).

2. STAY AWAY FROM THOSE POWER VALVES OF DOOM!!!!1111 THEY TEND TO FALL APART AND CHEW UP ENGINES

I hear ya and thank you for the reply but this happens (apparently) because they get loose - so you can erase that problem by using locktite to hold them in place. The problem for me is that I am down on torque and want to get some sort of stock/oem type of upgrade and this seems the most realistic and do able. I am actually surprised that NO ONE seems to have attempted this........any help/insight would be greatly appreciated .......

You won't get too far with that mod. Really, the gain is minimal, and not even worth the effort. Try a cat back exhaust first.

Intake and exhaust already done - the heat shields made me do it and now well worth it! Sound is incredible but seat of pants says minimal gains!! The auto pathfinders make 265 of torq compared to my 240!!!! 25 is a big number for me dude and combined with the intake/exhaust that should amount to a significant .... increase in 0-60 and the low end of course. From what I understand, there is an electronic control unit in the tranny that I obviously do not have in my 5spd pathy. Anyway, I was thinking that maybe I could bypass this and make it mechanical somehow..........maybe opening full blast when I reach a certain rpm......again, any thoughts/experience would be appreciated!!!!!

Don't listen to him he has no real experience with the 3.5l (I don't have much either, but I'm not spouting off). I would say it would be a sweet project if you got 25 more ft-lb out of it, that's worth it IMO

OK oK - how would this work exactly, I mean the longer runners, what step by step should I take and has this been tried .......?????

The majority said you coolant twin turbo a wd21 as well and we see them popping up now... I don't know where to begin as I have basicly 0 hands on wrench time on a 3.5 r50, but if there's expected gains I say go for it. If possible get your mpg readings before and after and try to see if you can get on a dyno and gat some real numbers other than the butt-dyno (not that there's anything wrong with that, some people like numbers though :aok: )

Here's the cheapest and easiest way to feel like your VQ is more powerful.

Drive a VG equipped truck for a week. Your VQ will feel like a racecar! :lol:

I just saved you a bunch of money. You're welcome! :aok:

:rofl: thanks Simon... I'm gonna go fund a Metro now so WhiteOwl seems like an Indy car!

:aok: Make sure it's a 3cyl though, or it'll be counter productive! :lol: