Clutch pedal pressure issues.....

zack1978

HI everyone,

I am having an issue with the clutch pedal pressure, when the truck sits for a few days (or so it seems) without being driven it seems that the pedal goes limp and loses pressure. Soon after start driving, it seems as if it returns to normal and it is fine to drive. I am assuming that the issue is either the slave or master cyl? They were both replaced (with OEM parts) at the same time about 4 years ago when the clutch was replaced. Any ideas as to why it would build pressure after you start driving?

Thanks,

Zack

Definitely air left in the system, I just finished fighting this issue. It seemed no matter how much I bled it it was the same. What I did to finally get all the air out was gravity bleed the damper. Every day before driving it or even pushing the pedal I would crack the bleeder on the damper and a few air bubbles would come out. After 3 days it was good. For some reason pumping and bleeding it the conventional way was foaming up the fluid and I could never get all the air out. I think it has something to do with the way the line comes off the master cylinder and goes up instead of down.

James