Another Smashfinder

Smashfinder

So I sold my pathfinder last summer, and was riding in a 03 Frontier with a bajillion kms on it. Every day, I missed my pathy.

Last week, I found one online in Victoria, BC that blew my mind:

1993 Pathfinder, SE-V6 4WD, Loaded with heated leather, CC, A/C, sunroof, 4w disc, LSD, ...and 5Spd. It has a custom front bumper with removable 12k winch, 3+3 Calmini SL/Custom BL, 33" Interco Traxus M/Ts, Warn Hubs, pacesetter headers (w/ 300ZX studs), Dual friction clutch, Custom Dual Exhaust, MAF bypass, Steering Stab, custom bracketed Idler Arm, and more. Its throwing a lot of ponies, and its the rarest model I can think of (all the Nissan SE/LE pkg with Manual Trans). Interior is in pretty good shape (though my wolf-dog will probably change that) and the frame and body have been recently treated for all the standard rust spots.

This guy who is a welder by trade, just finished building this rig over the last few weeks. Once he finished, he needed to sell it quick for some house money. I was there, cash in hand. He had literally just finished building this rig, and nearly all the aftermarket parts were brand new. Felt weird buying a pre-built truck, but it will definitely be a project anyway. He built for nothing but off-road, where I like performance on both sides where I can manage.

The truck has lots of pros, but of course there are some cons too. It sucks to drive on pavement and on the highway. There is a crazy amount of vibration that I haven't figured out what is causing it yet (suspect steering components). The stock coil springs are sagged, and allow the 33s to stuff way up into the wheel wells and rub real bad (He built and welded his own coil lift brackets on the axle side). Torsion bars have lots of room to adjust up, but not until new coils. He kept the O2 sensor on the exhaust, but only on one side of the dual setup, with no crossover, so she's running awful rich. Dual Exhaust with no Cats sounds very tinny, but that might be because I just found out the exhaust hangars broke, and the mufflers are sitting on the rear axle. And the last but not least custom body lift didnt use all the mounting points... It appears to be from a kit (maybe the 87-89 kit or HB kit), but there are a couple spots empty, including the rear.

It appears I have an adventure ahead. Let's see how the wife handles it...

So I sold my pathfinder last summer, and was riding in a 03 Frontier with a bajillion kms on it. Every day, I missed my pathy.

Last week, I found one online in Victoria, BC that blew my mind:

1993 Pathfinder, SE-V6 4WD, Loaded with heated leather, CC, A/C, sunroof, 4w disc, LSD, ...and 5Spd. It has a custom front bumper with removable 12k winch, 3+3 Calmini SL/Custom BL, 33" Interco Traxus M/Ts, Warn Hubs, pacesetter headers (w/ 300ZX studs), Dual friction clutch, Custom Dual Exhaust, MAF bypass, Steering Stab, custom bracketed Idler Arm, and more. Its throwing a lot of ponies, and its the rarest model I can think of (all the Nissan SE/LE pkg with Manual Trans). Interior is in pretty good shape (though my wolf-dog will probably change that) and the frame and body have been recently treated for all the standard rust spots.

This guy who is a welder by trade, just finished building this rig over the last few weeks. Once he finished, he needed to sell it quick for some house money. I was there, cash in hand. He had literally just finished building this rig, and nearly all the aftermarket parts were brand new. Felt weird buying a pre-built truck, but it will definitely be a project anyway. He built for nothing but off-road, where I like performance on both sides where I can manage.

The truck has lots of pros, but of course there are some cons too. It sucks to drive on pavement and on the highway. There is a crazy amount of vibration that I haven't figured out what is causing it yet (suspect steering components). The stock coil springs are sagged, and allow the 33s to stuff way up into the wheel wells and rub real bad (He built and welded his own coil lift brackets on the axle side). Torsion bars have lots of room to adjust up, but not until new coils. He kept the O2 sensor on the exhaust, but only on one side of the dual setup, with no crossover, so she's running awful rich. Dual Exhaust with no Cats sounds very tinny, but that might be because I just found out the exhaust hangars broke, and the mufflers are sitting on the rear axle. And the last but not least custom body lift didnt use all the mounting points... It appears to be from a kit (maybe the 87-89 kit or HB kit), but there are a couple spots empty, including the rear.

It appears I have an adventure ahead. Let's see how the wife handles it...

We need picture or it didn't happen :beer:

• Like 1

welcome back to the family!!!!! NUTHIN WRONG WITH BUYING A PRE-BUILT (OR ALMOST DONE) PROJECT (whoops on the caps) ... I bought King with his lifts already on.

if not ALL the body mounts are in, it causes mad body shimmy, i should know, the driver side BM bolt had snapped off (one under driver side pass rear door), and the body would shimmy like nobody's business.

Sounds like a nice rig, but in order for you to be allowed FULLY back into the fold, pics are required lol!

good to have you back! :hugs:

yea, thats your problem right there. Those tires are improperly balanced. The tech doing the install does not know how to balance tires. I kept throwing weights on my MTRs so I now just use airsoft pellets in the tires to balance them, same idea as Dyna Beads

yea, thats your problem right there. Those tires are improperly balanced. The tech doing the install does not know how to balance tires. I kept throwing weights on my MTRs so I now just use airsoft pellets in the tires to balance them, same idea as Dyna Beads

Airsoft pellets are heavy enough to balance a tire? How many do you use?

I use dyna beads in my bike tires and they work awesome. Smooth as glass up to 140 for the life of the tire. I had though of using some for the pathy because the tire alway seem out of balance after passing through mud.

James

Airsoft pellets are heavy enough to balance a tire? How many do you use?

I use dyna beads in my bike tires and they work awesome. Smooth as glass up to 140 for the life of the tire. I had though of using some for the pathy because the tire alway seem out of balance after passing through mud.

James

there's a powder you can buy ($10 a bag) to balance wheels 35" and up. It's what I had for my 36" Iroks (for my Jeep). I have no problem getting Kings tires (33's) balanced the "regular" way (with weight inside the rim), and have only lost 1 weight in 6 years...

NICE RIG!

there's a powder you can buy ($10 a bag) to balance wheels 35" and up. It's what I had for my 36" Iroks (for my Jeep). I have no problem getting Kings tires (33's) balanced the "regular" way (with weight inside the rim), and have only lost 1 weight in 6 years...

NICE RIG!

I've seen the powder used in over the road trucks, my only concern with that is if I ever have to put a plug If I get a flat. I had been lucky with my bike and didn't catch a nail until I was waiting for my replacement tire to come in.

My 31s balanced well but as soon as I get mud inside the rim I'm bouncing all the way home, and I hunt almost 70 miles from home. I think a balance media would keep them balanced even with mud on the inside of the rim. I will have to go hit up some of the guys I used to deal with when I was working on big trucks and see about some of that powder.

James

Yeah, I had a feeling the wheels need a re-do as soon as I laid eyes on her. Theres a lot of lead there.

I also think that for the BL, I'll just have to order a new kit from AC, and probably take the hit at the border.

Offhand, has anyone had luck getting AC to use USPS vice UPS? UPS is the very worst option for broker fees at the 49th.

Brodie

pretty awesome find! over on coloradok5.com and carolinak5.com alot of guys running swampers use the air soft beads on everything upto 44's. cant remember how much they used but i know theres plenty of post reguarding it over there

I've seen the powder used in over the road trucks, my only concern with that is if I ever have to put a plug If I get a flat. I had been lucky with my bike and didn't catch a nail until I was waiting for my replacement tire to come in.

James

yup, the only downfall to the powder is if you blow a bead and lose any significant amount of powder.it is very effective and does help with larger tires, or wheels you don't want weights on.