Please take a look at these wheels

ScottZ

I think I want to buy these wheels for my 97 SE:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CLM-7015806/Application/?prefilter=1 :clickdalink:

I am running 31x10.50 Geolanders and the wheels from my hardbody with 15x8s & 3.25" backspacing and the outside edge of the tire rubs the fender a lot when you turn. I know this is to be expected a little but with the stock alloys and same tires, very little rubbing (just the plastic in the fender well, which I will fix with a heat gun when I settle on wheels.

It seems the BART wheels with 4" backspacing would be good. Cheep too! They also claim to be strong enough for off road! Will it sit too close to the spring perch? Same as stock?

Comments?

What is the backspacing for a stock 97 SE alloy rim? 4"

Thanks for any input!! :)

Oh, and I know I am new. Great fourm!!

I have read a lot and am pretty sure this will work just fine but double checking before I buy.

Thanks again!

Edited by ScottZ

Welcome! I don't know if the stock wheels for your 97 are the same as the stock wheels for my 98, but my stockers had 5.75 inches of backspace. I now run some pro comp steel wheels with 3.75 inches of backspace. 31/1050/15 Goodyears and my spring perch has plenty of room.

So it seems that those BART wheels will be closer in, (like towards the engine bay) than the wheels you have now by about a quarter inch.

My current wheels have 3.25" backspacing so 4" BS would bring them 3/4" inward not 1/4". :itsallgood: That is pretty much what I am looking for.

My local Discount Tire matched the Summit price for basically the same wheel and with a life time warranty, so I will get them there. I'd rather spend my money locally anyway.

I will try to post pics when when I get it done.

Thanks for every ones input!

• 3 weeks later...

Thats a super cheap price for a set of wheels! But arent our pathys 6-lug? Looking at that link, it shows a 5 lug...

The picture shows a 5 lug, but that is just a stock photo. They make the wheel in several different lug patterns including 6 x 5.5 like it says on the page, TWICE. :rolleyes:

(Image is a representation of this part. Actual part may vary.)

My local Discount tire agreed to match that price for some black steelies in their brand (Craiger or Ultra Wheels usually) so that's what I'm doing. I'd rather spend my money locally anyway. I chose a 4.25 BS because I want the wheels just inside the fender flairs. I only plan to run 31s anyway.

I should have them mounted this Wednesday and I will try to post some pics.

Edited by ScottZ

I should have them mounted this Wednesday and I will try to post some pics.

"there is no try, only do."

article-1046684-0359B67D0000044D-63_468x265.jpg

BTW, :jacked: I live just across the line and spend many of my weekends in bellingham..... interested in wheeling? I used to go to sumas mountain but they finally did a much better job of blocking the trail.. :rant2:

The picture shows a 5 lug, but that is just a stock photo. They make the wheel in several different lug patterns including 6 x 5.5 like it says on the page, TWICE. :rolleyes:

Haha Yeah I guess I still need to learn how to read~ headwall.gif

Great find on those wheels though! Most black rims I've seen are averaging 100 bucks ea. Do you know width of rim is preferred for a 31x10.5R15 tire? 8"?

Haha Yeah I guess I still need to learn how to read~ headwall.gif

Great find on those wheels though! Most black rims I've seen are averaging 100 bucks ea. Do you know width of rim is preferred for a 31x10.5R15 tire? 8"?

Yes 8" wide rim is just fine for 31x10.50. Summit has many wheels for under 100 bucks. Check them out if you're interested. If you have a bigger tire store in your area they may match the price like our Discount tire did. Think globally, buy locally! Or something like that.. :aok:

^^^ You should check the shipping cost, it was only $15 bucks to ship all four wheels to WA. It's still less than $50 bucks a wheel to your door. Cheaper than gas!

But if I lived near a Summit Racing store I'd go visit it in person too!

This is a pic from the sand dunes on the Oregon coast. There is NO WAY I'm driving by some sand dunes and NOT stopping to do some wheeling. We just climbed a few small hills and bombed around in the sand for a while. It was fun! :jig:

coast002.jpg

Nice choice!

Wow, your truck looks almost like mine (when it was about 2 years old)! My first set of aftermarket wheels were those exact same Panther wheels, and I even had a bug deflector! I'll have to go dig through some old pics to find the closest match.

Edited by XPLORx4

So...you didn't get the black steelies then? Looks good, still!

Jose

Actually yes! I did get the black steelies! Those pics were taken with the wheels from my 89 Hardbody last week.

The new black steelies are installed! I went with a 4" back spacing and I am happy with the way it looks, and no rubbing! (31x10.50)

Ok, here are some poser driveway shots of the new wheels. Soon I will take the prerunner light bar from the pickup and put it on the pathy, I will paint that and the nerf bars (side steps, whatever) gloss black. It should look good and for cheap! :rolleyes:

poser002.jpg

poser001.jpg

poser003.jpg

Edited by ScottZ

BTW, :jacked: I live just across the line and spend many of my weekends in bellingham..... interested in wheeling? I used to go to sumas mountain but they finally did a much better job of blocking the trail.. :rant2:

I may do some light wheeling. I'm honestly trying to keep this baby alive for a while as I need it for work. The Hardbody needs a new tranny but I might make it a wheeler if I don't sell it.

PM me if you come down this way!

Edited by ScottZ