Which wd21 rear lower arms are better?

nunya

So as it happens to happen to me at odd times for no apparent reason at all... I come to the thought of on wd21 rear axles, which lower arms are better outa stock ones? The later round tube style ones or the earlier I-beam ones? I know on mine I have the I-beam lowers but the uppers are the round tube style. I have thoughts of possibly switching to the round ones (which seem like they could be easily beefed as well with a little bit of angle iron and a welder) if there was structural benefit or even equal and just a different cosmetic to them that nobody would really pay atention to. Input?

IIRC one of the OG's tried swapping to the round type only to bend them the following weekend.

Then went back to the I beams.

I've got a spare set of I beam ones that I'll put in DOG when I get funds to do the bushes.

The round tube ones bend *really* easily. Ask silverton! I gave him the cast ones from my parts truck as they are way more durable, but he sold that Pathy and will need a set for his new one. The cast ones do sometimes break, but only with massive abuse and/or a bone-jarring direct hit from what I've seen and heard. I'm talking about the kind of rock hit that would turn a tubular arm into a pretzel.

So that looks like a 3-0 win so far on I-beam unless the tube ones are 'helped' (which would be done before putting them on anyway if I were to get a set). So far seems fairly definitive towards keeping the I-beams on for now.

IIRC one of the OG's tried swapping to the round type only to bend them the following weekend.

Then went back to the I beams.

I've got a spare set of I beam ones that I'll put in DOG when I get funds to do the bushes.

I've bent about 4 round ones...I can't speak for the I-beams b/c i never wheeled the I beams that hard...I've now welded angle iron to them and will test them soon

67203_744612428927_36619102_40617936_6415493_n.jpg