Let's play the "What if" game

Okay heres the story, my front end is in bad shape due to my 33inch super swampers..So! I need to replace all the BJ's, shocks, 1 cv boot thats torn now, bushings on the sway bar,tie rods,torsion bars, centerlink also. Should I just get Ac's 3inch suspension lift? Or just go to napa and start replacing what I need then lift later. The rear is in bad shape also, the springs are very worn and so are all the bushings. I get death wobbles very badly at low speeds, like 25-40 mph, so I don't drive often.

I can't drive the truck right due to it being expired and me not having a job from going to school. So I thought it would be a good idea to plan ahead for the next 2 or 3 months till I have a job and some money rolling in.

Should I also replace the wheel bearings? I repacked both last year but I'm thinking they are still stock..

Bushing on the control arms also?

What would happen if I got bigger cams from JWT and put them in while running the VG33 swap on the stock ecu?

Hoohaa centerlink?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BTW, I got around to checking the shocks on it and the driver was complete mush, passengers wasn't bad but still taking them in, they're sensa trac.. I know, I know.. but the lifetime warrenty isn't bad. I'll be getting those replaced tomorrow and we will go from there.

TREs, BJ's and bushings are a good idea. Original bearings are usually good so long as they didn't get too beat up (driven loose for too long).

HooHaa is a really good Idea.

3.3 with a S1 cam will run off the stock ecu with no issues.

the lift won't replace those worn parts nor will it keep them from wearing. So its a good Idea too keep it running safe before and after the lift.

TREs, BJ's and bushings are a good idea. Original bearings are usually good so long as they didn't get too beat up (driven loose for too long).

HooHaa is a really good Idea.

3.3 with a S1 cam will run off the stock ecu with no issues.

the lift won't replace those worn parts nor will it keep them from wearing. So its a good Idea too keep it running safe before and after the lift.

Yeah I'll get around to replacing all of those for sure. Hmm maybe I'll pull out the bearings again just to see how they are looking after running the big tires and such.

But awesome! if I make good money like last summer I will for sure be buying the s1 cams and putting them in! along with customs bumpers, and a new light rack. thanks for the help

I think 5223pathfinder, or abc nissan wholesale may be able to to get you some euro-spec cams for a fraction of the price. Last I heard They are trying to clear their inventory. The gains are not as great as the S1 but it will be more well mannered at low RPM and still give you some highway power.

Edited by MY1PATH

I would order some lifetime warranty tie rods and ball joints. Get a grassroots 4x4 centerlink and you'll never change it again. Shocks, get rid of the monroes they are complete garbage for the front end of these trucks if you're going to take it any further than a gravel road.

The tension rod bushings if they've never been touched are more than likely trashed as well. Steevo from rugged rocks can get energy suspension products I believe.

I would order some lifetime warranty tie rods and ball joints. Get a grassroots 4x4 centerlink and you'll never change it again. Shocks, get rid of the monroes they are complete garbage for the front end of these trucks if you're going to take it any further than a gravel road.

The tension rod bushings if they've never been touched are more than likely trashed as well. Steevo from rugged rocks can get energy suspension products I believe.

I think I have 1 inner and outer and a knuckle on lifetime from autozone but I need to double check. Great info, thanks guys.

Not to jack your thread, but if you need some JGC springs or anything, let me know. Since I saw you were thinking of lifting, I didn't know what route you were going to take, so figured I would offer! I have a set with a spacer installed in the spring, giving roughly 4" of rear lift. But back on topic, you should always do PM's and anything that is starting to fail before doing any modification or upgrade. If it isn't capable of handling the stock setup(minus the big tires), then I doubt it can handle a lifted situation, as it stresses all of those parts that you listed more than stock. So like MY1PATH said, "BJ's...are always a good idea", and I wasn't trying to be dirty there, just paraphrasing...LOL!

<EDIT>

Those are the springs for the rear, just in case you were wondering

Edited by Formerly_94PathyMan

Not to jack your thread, but if you need some JGC springs or anything, let me know. Since I saw you were thinking of lifting, I didn't know what route you were going to take, so figured I would offer! I have a set with a spacer installed in the spring, giving roughly 4" of rear lift. But back on topic, you should always do PM's and anything that is starting to fail before doing any modification or upgrade. If it isn't capable of handling the stock setup(minus the big tires), then I doubt it can handle a lifted situation, as it stresses all of those parts that you listed more than stock. So like MY1PATH said, "BJ's...are always a good idea", and I wasn't trying to be dirty there, just paraphrasing...LOL!

Thanks for the info! I'll interested in the springs, just need the cash first. As for the route, I use this as my DD so I love the idea of the sas but I dont see me going down that rode for a long time..I love to off road anytime I can. So for now just a 3inch suspension is what I'm thinking. Yeah, I have done most of everything else you could possibly do to the pathy, except for the suspension. I should have done it when I had the money last year.. I have no idea how it handles back on the 235's. I sold those to my buddy when I got the swampers and I kick myself everyday now for it. BUT! hahah that's funny! I never saw that! :friday:

I think I have 1 inner and outer and a knuckle on lifetime from autozone but I need to double check. Great info, thanks guys.

Take your other outer and inner to them and say it's the ones you bought before and get free tie rods. I did that LOL. Actually I took the old spare ones I had in a box back and got new ones, and I think one was even bent haha.

Edited by adamzan
  • Like 1

Take your other outer and inner to them and say it's the ones you bought before and get free tie rods. I did that LOL. Actually I took the old spare ones I had in a box back and got new ones, and I think one was even bent haha.

Haha that's a good idea! Did they ask for a receipt though?