TUBE DOORS R50! :)

kefferjoe

Anyone know where to get some tube doors just pulled off the doors (looks sick, but very unsafe for the drunk people in the back while off roading) anyone know of somebody making them for the R50???

start measuring and either mocking up some of your own or finding something with a similar/workable size (4runner maby? Possibly JGC or XJ?). Don't recall seeign any specific outa the box r50 ones though. Maby also bug Steeevo about it :shrug:

This is on my to do list, just something about cruising around in a 4dr with tube doors intrigues me! Though I would loose all my speakers but the tweeters in the a pillars :thumbsdown: Not a good idea to wheel with them though, might screw up some things with the unibody construction....I have to look into it more.

more power to you if you cvan figure it out, but with a Unibody that relies on those doors for rigidity it might not be worth it.

I don't think the unibody relies on the doors at all for rigidity. If this was the case, nobody could open their doors when flexed out (try that with the tailgate).

Half doors are another option, and the fact that he incorporates a nice soft-door would be another reason to choose them. I've seen a few people use the soft door half door approach, and was going to myself, but never got around to finding time/money to get another pair of doors and chop em up.

The cool thing about tube doors is that they are very light so you can put them on and take them off very easily, and throw them in the back of the car. They are also alot easier to make, and you can make them out of square tube if you lack a bender. You could also make a soft door attachment if you wished, using a round bar framing...

In my pathy i have manual locks and windows so i just cut the wires to the speakers and wired in some speakers under my seat...works perfect as far as the doors go i talke to the nissan dealership and they said the unibody design doesnt rely on the doors at all i have sketched what i want the doors to look like and i have measured some dimensions so im gonna take these to a local shop and see what they say about making them. its getting warm here in NM and its perfect weather to start some wheeling!

• Like 1

Don't recall seeign any specific outa the box r50 ones though.

Very few things come out of a box for the R50. That would definitely be a custom job.