Idea about Bridging ladder

maikan

I am looking forward to add bridging ladder to my recovery equipment.

I want 36 to 48 inches of board that will be held onto my roof rack. It will mainly be use in snow but also sometimes as bridging in summer off road situations.

I wonder if I should weld ladder from steel wich will be heavy but also strong yet not flexible, or maybe fiberglass waffle board. Any of you have experience with one of these tracks?

I think a pair of ladder can be one of the best thing for me since I do only mild wheeling and a lot of snow road. Can act like huge traction aid. What you think?

not quite a bridge but go to a snowmobile shop and see if you can get an old worn out track. You sould be able to cut 3 or 4 decent sections out of it for postionable traction aid.

Edited by MY1PATH

Best solution i've found is industrial fiberglass grate. They use it for walkways and whatnot. Strong enough, not too expensive, really light.

Where can you find this industrial grate fiberglass thing ?

For me it is either this fiberglass thing or I can weld a steel ladder

with steel mesh on top.

Just got to find out what size of metal tubing to use that can support the

weight of the vehicule

Where can you find this industrial grate fiberglass thing ?

Just do a search online and you will find lots of options. I managed to find a place locally that had them, never ended up getting a set though. Cheap, under $200 for a few pieces, I think i settled on 3 feet long or something like that.

i use a cut snowmobile track like Mypath said, it works great, especially if you use a long piece, about a 3 foot length. You could also use a piece of lumber. a 2"x"6 or 2"x8", with something screwed to it for a traction aid.

i use a cut snowmobile track like Mypath said, it works great, especially if you use a long piece, about a 3 foot length. You could also use a piece of lumber. a 2"x"6 or 2"x8", with something screwed to it for a traction aid.

Great traction aid, but doesn't work for bridging any gaps. The fiberglass grating comes in a spec that is able to support the weight of the pathy to span a gap.