Just ordered a set of HID's

muddfildvaynes

So you are blinding people enough with the lift (which I don't have a problem with) and now you will blind them by putting HIDs in housings designed for regular lights. Personally I have loved your build and love your Pathfinder but that is just irresponsible. I am in no way attacking you personally but I just hate when people do this.

• Like 1

Well everyone has opinions and I am not holding yours against you, I am going to be able to see better both on and off the road since losing my fog lights with this bumper also. Thanks for liking my build and as for the other people on the road.... sorry.

Edited by muddfildvaynes

Although I'm intrigued to how well these kits work, and what your inevitable results will be; I must agree that it is somewhat of a poor decision....however it's just that, your decision. Let us know how you like them :)

:beer: will let everyone know how they are when I get them.

Edited by muddfildvaynes

will it be blinding? i am looking for hi/lo xenons as well, and if you angle it down slightly (cuz of your lift), it should be okay right? i thought the problem with people switching to HID's is that its almost like having hi and lo beams on at once, but i would imagine that wouldnt happen if you go with bi xenons.

Why did you purchase such high color temperature bulbs? I personally would not go higher than 4000k for best light output. I also think that not having projector housings will cause a significant amount of light to scatter and glare, annoying oncoming drivers.

Edited by Towncivilian

So you are blinding people enough with the lift (which I don't have a problem with) and now you will blind them by putting HIDs in housings designed for regular lights. Personally I have loved your build and love your Pathfinder but that is just irresponsible.

Yeah that sure is a logical statement. First you dont have a problem with it but then you do :chairfall: . How do you know his headlights are blinding people? I have mine aimed down just fine and have never been flashed or gotten a complaint.

• Like 1

After lifting your truck, all you need to do is aim the headlights down slightly and you'll be the same as stock. It takes about 1 minute to aim them down.

HID bulbs tend to blind people because the "brighter" light is scattered through the lens. I'm not a big fan because I get blinded by all the Silverados and Civics that put them in around here. Otherwise I wouldn't really care. Some headlights are worse then others and maybe aiming them down further helps quite a bit.

And while not exactly the same, my friend bought luminatic bulbs (halogen) and now both his hi and low beam suck. In fact, he can see less with his high beams then low. This is mostly because the colour is different (cool white or something?). Proof that stock is usually the best.

But maybe I'm just spoiled :friday:

Will make adjustments when the bulbs get here and post some pics up, the main reason I got these bulbs is I use my fog lights alot andwith daily driving; they definitly help light the way and this bumper took them away so I was looking for a brighter bulb, and I can't run my offroad lights 24/7 I dont think the cops would like that. And on another note my pathy is not my DD, its my weekend worrior/wheeler; I drive my 98 chevy 2500 during the week and it has 6k HID's.

Edited by muddfildvaynes

Yeah that sure is a logical statement. First you dont have a problem with it but then you do :chairfall: . How do you know his headlights are blinding people? I have mine aimed down just fine and have never been flashed or gotten a complaint.

Having been blinded by both situations the lifted non adjusted lights are not really that bad when scattered HID can be very painful. Way to call me out on it you big jerk! :itsallgood:

MFV: I would be interested in how the kit does the high beams. And def post up pics so we can see if/how bad the scatter is...

Are you getting the 35W or 55W ballast?

I've the 55W, 6000K HB2/9003 Hi Lo. The high beam is halogen and its really useless. You can't see anything with it. Knowing HID is way brighter than halogen, I aimed mine slightly downward and I can still see better than having a regular halogen aimed properly. The beam pattern is wider and further. I've never gotten flashed from anyone or been in trouble with the cops in both Canada and the States. I'm thinking of switching to 8000K. Having 6000K and mud stains in the headlight give you brown HID (no more nice white light). You won't notice with halogen, but you'll see the difference with HID. And when it comes to HID, I believe its all personal preference.

Edited by dududuckling

After lifting your truck, all you need to do is aim the headlights down slightly and you'll be the same as stock. It takes about 1 minute to aim them down.

HID bulbs tend to blind people because the "brighter" light is scattered through the lens. I'm not a big fan because I get blinded by all the Silverados and Civics that put them in around here. Otherwise I wouldn't really care. Some headlights are worse then others and maybe aiming them down further helps quite a bit.

And while not exactly the same, my friend bought luminatic bulbs (halogen) and now both his hi and low beam suck. In fact, he can see less with his high beams then low. This is mostly because the colour is different (cool white or something?). Proof that stock is usually the best.

But maybe I'm just spoiled :friday:

Yeah, you are. ;)

Luckily, the '99.5-up may disperse xenon light better than most Civic/Silverado lenses out there. But pointing the bulb down should solve the 'blinding other drivers' issue pretty easily.

Keep us posted on this mod. :aok: