My lift

Well after a long wait, my lift is finally complete.

First pic is the day i got my Pathfinder, then the others are of the lift. I didnt get any pics of the front install because i opted for my mechanic to do it. All in all it turned out awesome!!!

Pathfinder01008.jpg

ACLiftKit016.jpg

ACLiftKit022.jpg

ACLiftKit029.jpg

ACLiftKit026.jpg

Thanks to 01silvapathy for answering all my countless questions! :clap:

THIS GUY :chairfall: lol I kid. Dude, you got some height out of that. Your old suspension musta been really sagged. Now take off those running boards, and mud flaps and it would be a clone of what mine was but in black. Did you leave your sway bar on or trash it?

Those euro tails though :doh:

kept the sway bar on...ill have to see how "hardcore" my wheeling will get, lol.

My old taillights always had water/condensation in them...even after i took them off, dried them out, resealed them and put them back on. So i opted to take the more price effective route and get black euro's off ebay. Got them more then a year ago and i love them!

Gotcha, thanks! Been trying to search phantoms posts to find out what lift and components he ordered but of his 59 or so posts, I can only see about 19 of them. His lift sure raised that truck up.

Gotcha, thanks! Been trying to search phantoms posts to find out what lift and components he ordered but of his 59 or so posts, I can only see about 19 of them. His lift sure raised that truck up.

hey snow4me, i ordered my lift from 4x4parts.com. decided to go with the AC lift instead of OME. a few months ago i got new kyb gr2 struts and OEM bearings, mounts and hardware. i should have done it all at once, replaced struts, coils and shocks, but i piece-mealed it together. it took time but was worth the wait! now in the future im planning on wheels and tires, and way down the road maybe a new front bumper? :D oh and i got ProComp ES 3000 shocks, took some slight modifying to fit, but they are working good so far!

yah my old suspension had 125k on it, so it was totally shot! lol

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder

That looks really nice! Mine has 120,000 on it as well and I think I'm going to do the same as you did. What "hardware " did you get and do you have a P/N and place where you got your rear shocks? Thanks for the replies! I'd try yours with the sway bar removed and report back to me how you like it. ;-)

What!! This is a 2" ac lift?? ONLY??

My shlt, when I seen you give props to 01 I thought you did a sfd 4"

That looks great man

Id love to hear what you changed in the front end as far as bearing/mount etc. I need to order a few things and that strut mount is near the top of the list, would love to know what needs replacing and a part number or two if you got a minute

You really wont notice a difference without a swaybar.

I still have mine on... I suppose it may have been helpful to have it off sometimes.. but I really haven't had issue with keeping it on.

Congrats on the lift!

The lift definitely looks good!

I'm sure others will chime in if they had the same experience (or different), but mine looked like that right after install but it settled down a bit within just a couple months. Definitely looks good though - nice to see another 01 LE up in the air.

Pre-lift/saggy springs/30" AT's:

Stock.jpg

Post 2" lift/31" AT's/springs had settled already:

Day%20of%202%20Inch%20Lift.JPG

Post 4" SFD/33"/2" coil spacers in back:

P1000667_2.JPG

Sway bar removal has helped my on several occassions off-road and I can't tell a difference in daily driving (and I tow a trailer a couple times/year), but I don't think you HAVE to remove it to wheel (especially if you are fairly new to venturing in to the "sport"). Just the 2" lift and decent tires can get you a lot of places.

I'd also be curious to hear what you did with the ES3000's. I'm going to be working on something similar in the next 4-6 weeks when I complete the rear portion of the SFD.

Curious as to why there aren't people adding the NX spacer as well when doing this lift and adding a 1 inch coil spacer in the rear for a total of approximately 3.5 inches of lift? Seems like an easy way to get an extra inch.

• Like 1

It might have something to do with the increase in CV angle with that additional 1". With the increase in angle and applied torque while wheeling (expecially if at full droop) it might lead to an increase in frequency of broken CV's. I've seen this exact siutaion happen on other rigs (Toyota 3rd Gen 4Runners with 3" lift) but not on the R50...yet!

In my case, I just wanted to get over some rock formations that even another 1" and some 32" tires would not have helped.

The NX4 Industries spacer looks to be a quality product though and I like that it helps level out the rake - I think it looks good after install.

I still have mine on... I suppose it may have been helpful to have it off sometimes.. but I really haven't had issue with keeping it on.

Congrats on the lift!

Thanks Pezzy

I had a question about your wheel and tire combo. What are the specs on your wheels? I know they are 16's but 16x7 or 16x8? Whats the backspacing and is it hubcentric? Is it important to have a hubcentric wheel? I found info searching here, but it sounds like either way works? Did your 275/70/16 Bridgestones rub at all??? thanks in advance

That looks really nice! Mine has 120,000 on it as well and I think I'm going to do the same as you did. What "hardware " did you get and do you have a P/N and place where you got your rear shocks? Thanks for the replies! I'd try yours with the sway bar removed and report back to me how you like it. ;-)

I called my local nissan dealer for my strut mounts (upper and lower), bearings, seats, and etc. It was cheaper for me to order that locally then to pay shipping from ordering online.

Here is a link for part numbers http://www.nissanpartszone.com/components/2001-nissan-pathfinder_front-suspension-401-1287.html

I ordered the following parts - 54329N, 54320, 54322, 54325, 54036, 54057, 54034.

I ordered the rear shocks from summitracing.com P/N - 326506 (this number is ProComps factory part number) I sorta guessed on the proper length and thought 27in extended would work and it has so far, haha.

And the remainder of my lift was from 4x4parts. KYB struts(for my model year 2001) and the lift coils

hope this helps

Ok so this is how i got the shocks to work. I didnt have my camera with me when i did the shock install so these are after pics.

This sleeve is similar to the one i used in the top of the shock eyelet because it was too large (i think the sleeve had a 5/8"inside diameter). So this sleeve was pressed into the bushing and bolted back into place. I also bought new bolts and lock nuts for the upper mounts.

ACLiftKit0012.jpg

ACLiftKit0062.jpg

As for the bottom, to stop it from being jarred around and rattling, my original plan was to use the same set up as the top but i ran into a problem. The sleeve was a hair to small, and i didnt want to pound the crap out of it to get it on the stud so my buddy came up with a brilliant idea. He had a spare piece of plastic tubing that fit perfectly over the bottom stud. So that was put on the stud, then the shock got pushed on. It was a very snug fit and took some persuading but it worked. No more rattling shocks!

You cant see it, but there is plastic tubing smashed in there :)

ACLiftKit0052.jpg

Thanks for posting that up. I know that others have had to do some "persuading" with their longer shock setups, so that helps.

No problem.

When you had your 2" lift, what size tires did you run? And i am assuming that you used wheel spacers to fit those tires on factory wheels to clear the struts?

Do you mind letting us know about how much it all cost, parts and install? Ill be going the same route at some point cos I need new struts/shocks/springs..and you did what im prolly gonna end up doing..just wanna know how much its gonna hurt :suicide:

No problem.

When you had your 2" lift, what size tires did you run? And i am assuming that you used wheel spacers to fit those tires on factory wheels to clear the struts?

I ran 265/70/16 BFG AT KO's (just under 31") with the 2" AC lift. No need for spacers because that diameter tire sits below (1/4-1/2") the lower strut coil spring seat. I didn't have the cash for spacers/rims, so that's why I settled for the 31" tires.

Doing it again, I would have just dropped the cash for the rims (about $85/each) and gone 32" - I would have had a lot more fun over the last 3 years on the trails I ran! Of course, there is some trimming needed with going with spacers/rims and/or 31"+ tires - not too bad though.

Edited by Rick13

I ran 265/70/16 BFG AT KO's (just under 31") with the 2" AC lift. No need for spacers because that diameter tire sits below (1/4-1/2") the lower strut coil spring seat. I didn't have the cash for spacers/rims, so that's why I settled for the 31" tires.

Doing it again, I would have just dropped the cash for the rims (about $85/each) and gone 32" - I would have had a lot more fun over the last 3 years on the trails I ran! Of course, there is some trimming needed with going with spacers/rims and/or 31"+ tires - not too bad though.

Rick thanks for the pointers. i know now what i have to do.