Simple repair gone haywire!

NissanNismoZ

You might want to replace most of those hoses while you've got it apart. The dealer can likely order ones that will fit properly, for a bit of a premium.

true.. the hoses underneath the intake are great but its just a few of the bigger hoses.. but ill try autozone first.. im hoping they arent too much.

I am kinda surprised that no one brought this up, so I will. The #5 injector is not under the plenum... Hope you didn't go through all that for the wrong injector.

Also, from what you described, the part you are looking for is called CAP-RUBBER 16619-53J00 in FAST. Those don't feel like rubber to me though, the feel aluminum. Check this pic. Nissan Parts Zone has them for around $3.50 right now. The number I think you are talking about is 17521H (the H kinda looks like a K, but it's an H). That pic is in section 164, under "B Fuel and Engine Control"

Edited by Indigent

I am kinda surprised that no one brought this up, so I will. The #5 injector is not under the plenum... Hope you didn't go through all that for the wrong injector.

Also, from what you described, the part you are looking for is called CAP-RUBBER 16619-53J00 in FAST. Those don't feel like rubber to me though, the feel aluminum. Check this pic. Nissan Parts Zone has them for around $3.50 right now. The number I think you are talking about is 17521H (the H kinda looks like a K, but it's an H). That pic is in section 164, under "B Fuel and Engine Control"

you're kidding me right? i REALLY hope they just miscounted or something..

Sorry... forgot to notify you. The cap and a pair of screws are on the way first class USPS. It was less than a buck and a half for postage so don't worry about it. :itsallgood:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! i have it all put together now..but one more question.. there's 3 lines going to the big waffle hose from the air filter to the throttle plate.. 2 big hoses.. and one little one.. apparently someone lost it (if its needed i can pull one from another engine, no biggie) but..is it an important vacuum line? i cant figure out where it would go.. the pathy is ready to go, other than that one little tiny vacuum line.. it doesnt go to the breather box.. all those lines are hooked up.. any ideas?

Thanks! (I know, i probably should have taken a picture before i left shop.)

I think it goes to the EGR solenoid? Can't remember exactly right now. At the very least you would need to plug vacuum leaks. I would replace it. Presumably the FSM has vacuum schematics too.

Sweet! that's where it went! Thanks. :D