Greetings from Canada

Nade

Hey guys I'm new here and I got a '93 pathfinder that's still stock, it hasn't even got a scratch or a dent. Got it last month and thought it might be a good idea to join a "pathfinder owners forum" especially if I'm going to be working on it myself lol, and this seems like a pretty good place to start looking around for some fun ideas. The first thing it needs is tires though, don't know if you can tell with the picture but the tires in the pic are on their last treads. About 10-15% left I figure, and their cracked all over.

Here's a picture:

168357_116901468380929_100001832302217_132366_8211243_n.jpg

Cheers :beer:

looks like a stock version of mine... will be adding the tire carrier soon. other than that wow... :)

oh and its a 93 as well!

welcome! more beautiful pics please? :D

Edited by Kyle94

looks like a stock version of mine... will be adding the tire carrier soon. other than that wow... :)

oh and its a 93 as well!

welcome! more beautiful pics please? :D

Thanks for the welcome!

I'll try to get more pics up soon, right now it's pretty dark out and I think I left my camera in the job-box at work lol

The truck in your signature looks really nice!

Do those 31's fit without any suspension lift? They really make the truck stand taller.

oh yeah, they fit fine in there. mine only rub because my fenders are tweaked. but yeah. they deff make it stand taller. defiantly not as shiny as yours though!

awesome yeah i was thinking about getting the goodyear wrangler duratrac in 31s

these ones

28568d1273089856-good-year-wrangler-silent-armors-whos-got-em-duratrac.jpg

i think those will look pretty mean haha, and ive heard alot of good reviews on them too, my dad even has them on his 08 tacoma 4x4 and they run really good!

im always up for suggestions though

Oh yeah, I do have some pictures of my old 87' nissan se-v6 truck, i sold it to get the pathy. the truck was kind of a beater haha, either way the pics might be interesting to y'all until I get more of the pathy

17064440064950433655360.jpg

17064440068960433655360.jpg

21937266469533756727198.jpg

howdy! :welcome: Nice lookin' ride you got there!

Thanks!

Edited by Nade

yeah, thats how my bfg's are. great in all conditions besides rain... kinda iffy in ice too. must be a mud tire thing. idc. i love how beast mud tires make a rig look. i mean, look what mine used to look like.

l_6d3534f85368493299d953803a8545b4.jpg

thanks. yeah. yours look like it has the high level of the XE trim. power and/or heated mirrors, roof rack (had to add mine), tire carrier (in process of adding one). t-bar crank helps the look a bit too. and fitting tires.

Hey there Nade.

Nice find! Exterior looks like its in great shape. Lets see some pictures of the interior and some specifics.... Mileage, auto or Manual, what would you like to do with it, yada yada yada. There's a Tire review thread in the Product review area that can be very helpful with some reviews from people on here that have purchased and are using them in their climates.

Also, Even though you're in B.C. were most places don't use salt on the roads like all the other provinces, you may want to check a couple of HOT spots that these rigs hit pretty badly in. In the rear wheel well there's a couple of holes you may want to poke your finger in and feel around. These frames eat themselves from the inside out and that area being the worst spot. Good to get on top of it before it gets out of control. There's a few other important things you need to attend too as well, like timing belt change if it's unknown when it was last serviced, and if its an auto tranny, then an external transmission cooler to bypass the stock on as it is prone to clogging. All of this information is here on these forums. You wont find a more comprehensive guide to pathfinder ownership out there in the world.

Lastly. looking at the scenery in your pictures makes me miss BC. I spent 6 years there and there's not a day that goes by that I don't miss living there. Even the Pissy rain that isn't enough to call a storm but annoying enough to keep you wet. I'd take it all in a heartbeat if I could.

Edited by Dowser

thanks. yeah. yours look like it has the high level of the XE trim. power and/or heated mirrors, roof rack (had to add mine), tire carrier (in process of adding one). t-bar crank helps the look a bit too. and fitting tires.

Yeah it has power mirrors and all the bells and whistles. The only option it doesn't have is the sunroof (but those always leak anyway). I'm actually thinking of taking the tire carrier off and putting a cage on the roof for the tire and various other things, just because I think that looks really impressive. I'm not sure of the cons of removing all that weight in the back though, and then putting it on the roof. I'm going to have to research it alot before I make a decision.

Kyle! Quit hogging the welcome thread! P...

:D

Welcome to NPORA, Nade! That's a nice clean looking pathy.

Haha don't be mad I enjoyed the conversation :tongue:

Thanks!

Hey there Nade.

Nice find! Exterior looks like its in great shape. Lets see some pictures of the interior and some specifics.... Mileage, auto or Manual, what would you like to do with it, yada yada yada. There's a Tire review thread in the Product review area that can be very helpful with some reviews from people on here that have purchased and are using them in their climates.

It's an automatic with 194,000KMs on it. I'll get more pictures once I get my camera back, I came down with the flu last night of all things and nobody wants me near them haha, at least my girlfriend is headed over to take care of me haha that's always good :) As for the tires I'll be checking that thread for sure, thanks for the lead :)

Also, Even though you're in B.C. were most places don't use salt on the roads like all the other provinces, you may want to check a couple of HOT spots that these rigs hit pretty badly in. In the rear wheel well there's a couple of holes you may want to poke your finger in and feel around. These frames eat themselves from the inside out and that area being the worst spot. Good to get on top of it before it gets out of control. There's a few other important things you need to attend too as well, like timing belt change if it's unknown when it was last serviced, and if its an auto tranny, then an external transmission cooler to bypass the stock on as it is prone to clogging. All of this information is here on these forums. You wont find a more comprehensive guide to pathfinder ownership out there in the world.

I was under the truck at the local shop to take a look around at everything last Saturday, and the frame looked in really good shape (from the outside), I didn't think to check inside of it... The catalytic converter had rust holes straight through it, looked original. So it failed the AirCare that you must know of... Anyhow I put a new cat on and the ratings went higher! So I have a buddy in mission who had a spare cat kind of halfway in between the new one and the old one... rusted but no holes... put that on the truck and it passed aircare. Weirdest thing ever man. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to reset the computer or not with a new cat. Nevertheless it passed now so I got 2 years to figure that out. As for the timing belt and all the other longer-mileage changes, I have no idea when those were done so I might as well start getting them changed so I know for sure.

Lastly. looking at the scenery in your pictures makes me miss BC. I spent 6 years there and there's not a day that goes by that I don't miss living there. Even the Pissy rain that isn't enough to call a storm but annoying enough to keep you wet. I'd take it all in a heartbeat if I could.

Yeah BC is a great place, I'm headed to Alberta for a Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic apprenticeship in late summer. I'll be missing it too... And the winters that are so warm that you can wear shorts outside in the snow...

Thanks for the welcome and some good tips on where to start checking this truck over for preventitive maintenance!

Edited by Nade

Howdy Nade, and welcome!!

That's a nice looking truck!! I'm sure we can guide you with how to modify what ever you plan to (or not). I see some of it has sarted already... ;)

B

Oh, you posted right as I did! I missed quoting you with the rest of the guys

Thanks for the welcome man, and I'm starting to see just how much information is on these boards... It's impressive to say the least!

P.S- Sorry for the double-post, is that against the rules on these boards?

Looks like a nice truck. I would make the timing belt the top priority because if it fails the engine will be needing a top end rebuild. Welcome to the site and have a good look around there is a lot of good info. Watch out for the pezzy though :tongue:

Haha thanks adam and that's probably the best idea, do the timing belt first. unfortunately it needs tires so bad it's not funny. Everytime I hit even a speedbump I think one of the cracks is gonna go through all the way. It's pretty bad haha

oh yeah I'll watch out for Pezzy there :tongue: haha

Don't wanna get on the bad side of an admin hahaha

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those are the tires I'm going to be getting. I really like the look of them, and I can get them fairly cheap from a local shop.