help removing auto hubs

spazman

I got a 98 pathfinder with the auto hubs, 160k miles and I doubt they have ever been taken off or the brakes have ever been done. Long story short, brake pads wore down to the caliper on the inside (damn thing not having the warning strip) and now I'm in the process of trying to fix it. I'm new to the weird caliper setup these things have and hubs. I took the 6 bolts off of the hub and can get it to wiggle but it won't come off. Is there a trick to this or a pin or something I'm not seeing? Ive' gone through the other write ups on how to do it and it seems so simple.

Let me know if there is a trick or if I just need a bigger hammer...

To clarify. The black cap on the hub needs to be removed. It's a little hard to get off, but it is just pressed on there. Behind that, you will see the CV shaft. Holding the CV shaft will be a C-clip. Remove c-clip. Hub comes off.

Jose

Mine did and from what I can tell everyone did. I've noticed a lot of R50 people have swapped to manual which I was going to do when I did my brakes but ended up having to do the brakes sooner than expected.