Odd smell from Right Rear Wheel well

RedRider3141

Took my car on a road trip last weekend and my passengers noticed a "brake" smell from my right rear wheel. I haven't taken any long trips but I have noticed the smell come back but only faintly. The first time I noticed it you could smell it if you were with in two feet of the rear wheel. But on shorter trips I have to stick my nose in the wheel well. None of the other wheels smell. I thought it might be the parking break so I added some slack to it but it hasn't seemed to change Anything. Any other ideas?

i wish i knew also because a weird smell comes from the back of my car and i cant figure it out. it almost smells like something is burning really badly but i have checked it out so many times but cant seem to find it.

Make sure it's not your exhaust pipe broken over the rear axle. It can break there, and shoot hot exhaust fumes at the floor of the truck, causing your carpet to melt/burn in the cargo area.

Make sure it's not your exhaust pipe broken over the rear axle. It can break there, and shoot hot exhaust fumes at the floor of the truck, causing your carpet to melt/burn in the cargo area.

that happened to me on the highway caught the insulation on fire under carpet in rear cargo area. smelled smoke and saw it coming from behind seat pulled over and put it out still smells a little.

Thanks for all the great Ideas Guys! I'll start looking into them.

So far I have raised up the rear wheels to check to see if the wheels would spin freely. Both sides felt equal and since I am only smelling it on the RHS I'm guessing that it probably isn't brakes.