Charcol Canister

ejin4499

Ok so what would happen if I took out the charcol canister and all the lines with it and caped off the vent on the gas tank?

Or more to the point why do we bother with it. I know it gives the gas vapo a place to go but whats the point?

Yes, quite likely....

What it does is keep the gasoline vapors from venting into the atmosphere, avoiding that much more polution. I have never heard of a negative effect from having a charcoal canister hooked up, unless it is OBD2 and it is clogged or something, but it doesn't affect power or fuel economy.

B

Yes, quite likely....

What it does is keep the gasoline vapors from venting into the atmosphere, avoiding that much more polution. I have never heard of a negative effect from having a charcoal canister hooked up, unless it is OBD2 and it is clogged or something, but it doesn't affect power or fuel economy.

B

I would have though a tank that could take the pressure would have been cheaper to design than the whole canister valve vapor lines etc....

Its not about tank pressure its about the tank pressures impact on the rest of the fuel system. More consitant tank PS means more consitant fuel line PS and that means more consitant flow rates from the injectors. Yeah we have Fuel regulators but they only work for consitant pump pressure most can't compensate for any other variables without frequent ajustment.

Its not about tank pressure its about the tank pressures impact on the rest of the fuel system. More consitant tank PS means more consitant fuel line PS and that means more consitant flow rates from the injectors. Yeah we have Fuel regulators but they only work for consitant pump pressure most can't compensate for any other variables without frequent ajustment.

makes total sense.

wouldn't a baloon pressure sensor attached to the fuel pump telling it how hard to pump do the same thing ?

baloon really getting squished don't put as much voltage to pump let the pressure in the tank do some of the work.

makes total sense.

wouldn't a baloon pressure sensor attached to the fuel pump telling it how hard to pump do the same thing ?

baloon really getting squished don't put as much voltage to pump let the pressure in the tank do some of the work.

yes a tank Pressure sensor could be made but canisters go way back and allot of them haven't changed much. Why re-invent the wheel?

and by way back I mean carby vehicles could get all kinds of messed up by plugging the carbon canister line.

Edited by MY1PATH