Daytime Running Lights

Skycop56

I just bought a 2001 LE in mint condition and am planing a long road trip through Canada to Alaska from Chicago. One of the things I'd like to do is enable the daytime running lights. My Pathfinder is a US model. Thanks in advance.

you dont

not using anything oem. if you want drl's, your going to have to install your own relay's, tap into an ignition only powered source, and run all your own wires. if you would have searched, you would have learned time and time again (in the last 48 hours it has been discussed) that the drl's are high beam at half power.

so, good luck...

going through canada with us plates, you dont need drl's. but if your picky, turn your headlights on.

Edited by skulptr

Personally I don't like DRL and am happy I don't have em, yet anytime I'm on the highway I run with mheadlights on. Guess I just prefer having control over em being on or not. Plus running with your light on normally gives you the benefit of having all your running lights on as well giving a little better visibility of where your truck is at from any end to other drivers on the road.

Sorry I wasnt exactly helpful but just a little insite from a different perspective

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but it's cheaper and easier to just drive with your lights on all the time (and remember to turn them off!) than it is to install DRL's.

Besides, it's my opinion that DRL's are among the dumbest ideas ever conceived.

Why? Because at night, the reduced-power high beams are often just enough to light the road in front, to give the driver a false impression that their headlamps are on, all the while their taillights are not lit. With newer electroluminescent and LCD/LED dashboard clusters that are lit when the car is running, many drivers of DRL-equipped cars don't realize that all their lights (marker lights, tail lights, etc.) aren't turned on at night.

I mean, is it that much of a power drain to just have ALL the lights on when the car is running?

Sorry for the rant...