Changed The Dash Lights

accurrate1

Help! I tried to put led lights on my cluster with no successed even try rotate the socket (WITH the bulb in it) 180 degrees and then re-installed. So, I giveup and put original bulb back, guess what, NO illuminate !!! (the lights work before I did the changed) Can't figure out what did I do wrong? Any help with be greatly appreciate...

Were you trying to change the warning lights in the cluster or simply the background speedo? I managed to change the background light (around 4 bulbs, if I'm not mistaken), but things got messed up and weren't successful when trying to replace the warning lights into LEDs.

Did you get the right LEDs? I think its #74, if I'm not mistaken.

Did you damage the base while changing into the LED bulb? When you put the stock bulb into the base, does it come loose?

Did you damage the original bulb while removing it? I crushed a couple of bulb while removing it from the base. Can you try inserting a different base with working bulb into the same slot to make sure its the base that's damaged and not the slot?

Be sure to have the pathy turned off when replacing the bulbs. I read on NICO forum that some guy tried to replace it and the cluster went smoking.

Just my suggestions,

Edited by dududuckling

I was tried to change background speedo light to LEDs. I bought 2 x #74 LEDs along with 2 new bases, I pull those stock bulbs out and insert LED with new base, nothing. I then rotate the socket (WITH the bulb in it) 180 degrees and re-installed, nothing!!! So, i giveup and reinstalled stock bulbs back, NO illuminate!!! Now the shifter and 4WD nob light were out too!!! Is there any fuses for these light bulbs?

It could be that the new bases weren't good. When you reinsert the original bulb, did you use the new or the old base? I used the old bases for all the LEDs. And you'll need 4 LEDs to cover the cluster.

Someone might have their input here?

Here's some readings if you haven't come across them:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/how-to-replace-instrument-cluster-lamps-t461756.html

http://forums.nicoclub.com/changed-the-dash-lights-t368004.html

http://forums.nicoclub.com/almost-completed-01-pathfinder-stereo-upgrade-includes-avic-z2-t350117.html

I used stock base with stock bulb when I put it back, and I did read those threads before swapped.

Thanks dududuckling for your help, appreciate.

Edited by accurrate1

Did you pluged the wires in the right way? and the cluster did it fit in place correctly? :scratchhead:

This simple things can be forgotten, and it seems like you don't have power for the lamps... :shrug:

I did that change and it was smood, no problem at all....

I don't know which fuse it is but looking in the fusebox or owners manual should tell you. If you don't get a good idea from there you can just check them all it only takes a few minutes.

when i first bought my pathfinder i had some lights out, i slapped the top of the dash and the lights havent turned back off yet 2 years later

That was the reason I'm changing the dash lights, been slapping the top of the dash and tired of it.