Bose System adding a subwoofer?

Chicano2005

so i have a bose double din system.

and i have a single 12" sub that i was thinking of selling.

now my question:

is there a way to add the subwoofer with stock bose stereo?

thanks in advance!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

x2 with the line out converter if your keeping the orginal deck. This is the one i have used on several freinds cars. It also has a remote turn on wire so you dont need to worry about that! All you need is your ground wire, power wire and this converter and your set. Ones with out the remote turn on can be a pain it the ass because then you need to wire your amp to something that will trigger it to turn on.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-3FQzUHkStkK/p_127SOEM4/PAC-SOEM-4.html

Edited by edicer2

If equipted, I wonder if you could tie it to the power antenna in the fuse block so when the radio (causing the power antenna to rise) is turned on the amp goes on without popping the fuse. I did this a long time ago on a GM.

yeah the line out converter is the easiest choice. Now on the other hand if down the road you decide to add an aftermarket headunit be aware that no matter the Watts the headunit puts out, the built in amps in the oem bose speakers will limit your output as far as loud etc. so the best thing to do in that case is bypass it and run new speakerwire and put in new speakers. Its a true P.I.T.A to do because you have to remove all the trim etc... but its def worth it in the end and the sound quality is a hellova lot better. so just some food for thought.

thanks guys!

well the bose as many of you know has the limited volume and no mp3 input.

I would love to get a double din aftermarket stereo with GPS,DVD touchscreen ETC.

but i can seem to find any with detach and if they do, i dont wanna carry a big 7" plate.

I've found the solution to the MP3 input on Bose.

I have this cassette with the 3.5mm jack that i can easily plug in on my phone!

Plus i have the car charger so no worries about battery life.

Now if i only need to add the sub i will be set to go this summer.

Edited by Chicano2005

I have a 15" Kove Armageddon running 2000 watts & I've been runnin the Bose stock unit on it for the last 2 or so years, so yeah its do-able. Theres plenty of base with the Bose headunit but not much highs or mids