97 Pathfinder rear washer pump

There are two pumps on the reservoir. One by the other inside the front passenger wheel well. You have to pull out the front splash guard to get to it.

You might have a pinched line going to the back. I had the same problem for the front a while ago. Could be that. Could also be a dead fuse or relay.

Pulled lose the rear hose and blew into it. I could hear bubbles up front so the line is clear. I did not know there were two pumps so I more than likely have a bad one. I will check them out. Thanks for the help

James

I have 3 extra ones from your year pathfinder if it is indeed a bad motor, used, but good working if you want one.

Its fuse #19 in the fusebox at the driver side dash

There is 2 pumps like said behind the passenger fender liner, the one closest to the outside of the car is for the rear. Very simple 2 wire connector and you can give it a pull out of the rubber gronmet in the bottom of the tank (all your fluid will gush out so be prepared or use it all on your windshield first)

Very easy to test the motor once out aswell, just get a piece of spare speaker wire or something and put one wire to ground and tap the other wire to power, youll feel the motor wanna jump out of your hands if its good. Doesnt matter which terminal gets the power wire, it will just spin backwards if you mix them. I wouldnt suggest having it on out of water for more than a few seconds though, I dont think they like it

Once you pull it out

Hey thanks for the offer, I just picked one up today at Advance Auto for $20. Oh well, strangely my original had two lines attached to it and the new one only had one for the fluid. I just attached the clear on that I had seen at the back and plugged up the other. It seems to work just fine.

I have 3 extra ones from your year pathfinder if it is indeed a bad motor, used, but good working if you want one.

Its fuse #19 in the fusebox at the driver side dash

There is 2 pumps like said behind the passenger fender liner, the one closest to the outside of the car is for the rear. Very simple 2 wire connector and you can give it a pull out of the rubber gronmet in the bottom of the tank (all your fluid will gush out so be prepared or use it all on your windshield first)

Very easy to test the motor once out aswell, just get a piece of spare speaker wire or something and put one wire to ground and tap the other wire to power, youll feel the motor wanna jump out of your hands if its good. Doesnt matter which terminal gets the power wire, it will just spin backwards if you mix them. I wouldnt suggest having it on out of water for more than a few seconds though, I dont think they like it

Once you pull it out

Hey thanks for the offer, I just picked one up today at Advance Auto for $20. Oh well, strangely my original had two lines attached to it and the new one only had one for the fluid. I just attached the clear on that I had seen at the back and plugged up the other. It seems to work just fine.

The original pumps have two connections. One is for the fluid, and the second is to pull air back into the pump when not in use.