iritic and random idling and dying

derrick719

ok so i did an oil change went from conventional to mobile one synthetic oil. then the next day the engine now idles weird sometimes its fine but other it will drop and rise from prob 0 to 1000 or just does. it revs fine and drives fine aslong as the revs are up. im just trying to figure it out and need some more opinions before i go freeze my skinny ass off out side. got a new cap rotor and plugs.

also want to ask is a 88 fuel pump for a thotle body engine the same as a 94 multi port engine?

I doubt the oil change is the cause, only coincidence. I don't know much, if any, about the TBI trucks, but what about the airflow sensor? perhaps it could use a cleaning? Also, when was the last time you checked/changed your spark plug wires?

ok cool my parts truck was a throtle body and has a brand new pump makes me happy. im going to change plugs cap and rotor and do a comp test first as i dont know when they were changed im going to try to reuse the wires as i dont have 110 bucks to spare right now. ya didint think the oil change would do anything. i would like to put a new engine in her as its at 387000 kms.