Immobilizer

Chicano2005

I have an Immobilizer device on my truck.

It could be OEM because it says on the manual.

It sometimes enables itself and i've tried to enable it but i have failed.

So anyways, i would really love to have it enabled at night.

does anyone have one, and/or knows how to enable it?

Edited by Chicano2005

your truck comes stock with a transponder immobilizer system, which is a chip in the key....so that the vehicle can only start with the matching chipped key

this is always enabled whenever the vehicle is not running

if you have an aftermarket starter kill installed, there would most likely be a small toggle switch hidden somewhere or it could be wired to an aftermarket alarm system

your truck comes stock with a transponder immobilizer system, which is a chip in the key....so that the vehicle can only start with the matching chipped key

this is always enabled whenever the vehicle is not running

if you have an aftermarket starter kill installed, there would most likely be a small toggle switch hidden somewhere or it could be wired to an aftermarket alarm system

well, now that you mention "chip in key" makes me wonder.

i start my truck every time with no problem.

I have an LED light under the SECURITY light that flashes rapidly when its activated.

when that happens i just push the button to start it again.

but i wanna know if some one has the same device.

and if so how do they activate it?

pictures would help. never heard of another led under the security one. i have an led under the security, but thats my aftermarket system.

ima get some in a few hours!

also pictures of the manual(01) sup[porting the immobilizer.

Yeah, that looks/sounds aftermarket. The factory 'immobilizer', like 93xe said above, is just that the vehicle won't start without the chip key.

Yes allowing for Nissan to collect big bucks whenever someone loses a key! I hate dealers :thumbsdown:

Edited by DanAK

I have an LED light under the SECURITY light that flashes rapidly when its activated.

when that happens i just push the button to start it again.

but i wanna know if some one has the same device.

and if so how do they activate it?

where is this button you are pressing?

that led under the security light is definitely aftermarket, although could be dealer installed

in the aftermarket 12v world a rapid flashing led usually means the aftermarket alarm is self arming, or passive arming itself, but it also sounds like you could have just a basic starter kill installed

where is this button you are pressing?

that led under the security light is definitely aftermarket, although could be dealer installed

in the aftermarket 12v world a rapid flashing led usually means the aftermarket alarm is self arming, or passive arming itself, but it also sounds like you could have just a basic starter kill installed

is this same button!

when i trun off the truck it rapidly flashes for a couple of seconds thats it.

when it activates itself it flashes rapidly until i press it and turn the truck on.

107975_03mg.jpg

you need to dig around under the dash, and look for a brain of some sort, a computer module that, where and how its placed, would obviously not be installed by the factory. finding that brain, is the ONLY way to find out how to arm/disarm it, since you'd be able to look up a manual for it. in most cases, arming and disarming is as simple as using the key in the drivers door to lock and unlock it, without the aftermarket fob

yea that is definitely an aftermarket starter kill....

try one of these combinations....

turn the ignition on (2 clicks) and hold that button in for a few seconds

turn the ignition on and off and then hold the button in

turn the ignition on (2 clicks ) and press the button once

or turn the ignition on and off and press the button once

if any of these result in the led lighting up solid, the unit is in valet mode and shouldn't arm itself on you anymore

like skulptr said you would really need to dig around and find the brain, which is mostl likely right up under the driver side dash, to find exactly what model alarm it is and find out how to permanently disarm it, or just pull the power fuse going to the brain if you find it

Thanks again guys!

I will dig around and see what up.

I'm not good in wiring (although i love it)

but i will give it a try and look around for the brain.

it does work which i what i like. i wont remove it.

I repeat "all i wanna know is how to arm it on demand".

it just does it randomly and when it does all i do i press the button and off we go!