rear axle is shifting

skulptr

so i had bent the drivers lower control arm at the jim run, and i got one off a parts pathy with 8k miles on it. now my rear axle shifts when i accelerate and decelerate. when i give gas, the nose goes left, when i left off it dives right. only thin gi can figure is, i had just replaced the 4 bushings in the arms on both sides. now i have new bushings in the passenger side, and the ones with 8k miles on the drivers side. can this really make that big of a difference?

it snowed today, and i couldnt go 10ft in 2wheel drive. everytime i gave it a bit of gas, it slides left. and if i do get going and come off the gas, it tries to throw me in the ditch.

i'm hoping this is a really easy fix, i'm lucky its even running right now.

Having one side "tighter" then the other could be the problem. It sounds like the axle might be shifting forward and back on one side (older links) and causing it to steer the vehicle. It would be the same idea of replacing a worn out shock or tire on one side only causing things to be uneven.

I would jack it up in the air and pry on the axle to find the cause.

Was this shifting experience happening right AFTER you dinged the link but BEFORE you replaced the link? If not...put the damaged link back in....jk. But the answer could help the diagnosis. I presume the condition exists in 4WD too?

its not as noticeable in 4wd, which is what i've been driving in for several days now. but the moment i start driving in 2wd, i can feel it. and its driving me nutty since everything here that isnt covered in snow has a nice sheet of ice in its place. so 2wd drive with the axle the way it is sint an option. and i dont have access to a hydraulic press to take the bushings from the old arm without damaging them.