fast rebuild

skulptr

so i tried talking to the guy i got the engine from, now he's saying there was a slight knock when he started it up when he first bought it. i don't know where to start identifiying how it would knock. i have the pan off, and can spin the crank and hear no noise from anything

See if you cand get all the Nissan part numbers for the parts you need. I have a box of seals/gasket and stuff that I have gathered over the years. I know I have a 99 Quest gasket kit minus the head gaskets. I will do you a solid and mail the kit too you and whatever else I can find. The kit is at my work, and I will be at home this weekend, but im sure I could figure out what I have and dont on monday.

The connecting rods are what attach the pistons to the crankshaft. The "rod caps" are the pieces that bolt around the "bottom" half of the crank shaft and hold the rods on. They should be tight and should not wiggle around when you push on them. There is likely a specification for maximum play in the FSM.

A properly rebuilt engine is a different thing than a used one... of course, a used engine could be great, or not... As I've discovered though, properly rebuilding an engine is quite expensive, so you could likely buy several used engines if you had to :) I believe you can buy a rebuilt engine on RockAuto for about $2000. I'm not sure how good a job they do.

u cant rebuild that engine for less than $800 and a lot of work and time and thats half assed just go buy a good used one for a few hundred, this is a ridiculous thread i just bought one with 180,000kms for $500 and its whisper quiet

your ridiculous jackass, why did you even pipe up? if i had the money for a proper rebuilt engine, do you think i would have bothered with this thread?

go back to a ford thread where you belong

Edited by skulptr

• 2 weeks later...