I just got owned by the auto parts store

Cuong Nguyen

Well two different cases and I blame it on myself for not reading and not asking. First incident: I dropped off my marine deep cycle battery to get recharged. I have been using this battery to do my welding. Well, I didn't read their ticket which stated that if the battery is not picked up within 48 hours, it is the property of the store. I didn't come back until like 3 weeks later...

second incident. I used the loan/rent a tool thing and got a torque wrench. They said they won't take it back and I can't get a refund because if it's not returned within 48 hours, than I own it. I'm a day over.

So anyone want to buy a nice 1/2" torque wrench?

Edited by Cuong Nguyen

What is the brand, model and range?? I have a 1/4" drive inch/lb, a 3/8" drive ft/lb up to 100 lbs, but no 1/2 drive...

That really sucks about the battery though!! P...

You should ask what the store did with it.

B

If your using a battery to do your welding why not get a cheap charger instead of dropping it off at a store all the time.

I could use a small tq wrench (1/4 or 3/8 dr) for my smaller projects. My big 1/2 dr just doesn't fit everywhere.

That amazes me...what store was it? At the O'Reilly I work at, we take just about anything back. I've had people bring rental tools back 3 weeks later. As long as it still looks alright, no questions asked..... Have you tried taking it to another store to see if they'd give you the deposit back?