my new shoes

Daves94XE

i finally got some new shoes for the pathy today 31x10.50 goodyear wrangler authorities. 133 each at the wally world.looking for 15x7 or 8's but with the 6's no rubbing anywhere

th_P071110_1516.jpg

Edited by Daves94XE

looks good, did they clean the blue off of your letters?

I looks a little low(is it?) but that may just be an illusion since 15x6's sit ~1" deeper (providing the same backspace) in the fenderwell than 15x7's and

i work in the walmart tle and i had a buddy mount one so i could see if i had any clearance issues. it had 35 psi in it. on the 15x6's it clears every where.but im afraid it might wear the centers out prematurely,i may put the letters inside. anyone know what nissan recomended air pressure was on the factory option trucks with 31s

Edited by Daves94XE

32 psi for the old Gereral grabbers AT that came with my rig 20 yrs ago. But each tire is differant. my Nokian 31s are soft rubber and take 36+ may laredos were so stiff they took 25-33(you couldn't tell the differance, REALLY)

rub chalk on the tire and drive a few feet.

it if the center is clean it has too much psi

if the edges are clean it has too little psi

if the chalk rubbed off evenly you are good.

had them all mounted today and they are pretty quiet,it actually runs alot better. seems like it shifts like it should and doesnt take as long to down shift and it doesnt turn as hard as it did with the 235's. anybody run into this before?mine has the 4.6 gears from the factory

i noticed a huge difference in shifting when i was forced into my 235s so i think dave here is on to something. tranny is factory, sport or whatever.

edit - and, when dropping to the 235s i also burnt out a ton in my front end suspension wise.

Edited by synthetic

ok ive put about 400 miles on them since i put them on.THE GOOD they ride well,the stick to the road in rain very well. alittle hydroplaining in deep standing water. and with 30 psi still quiet and with the 31's my fuel mileage went up.. on rocky trails they are awesome but i have yet to take it fourwheeling (just forest service roads) but plan to this fri.The BAD picks rocks up like crazy, so if you get them warn your wife/gf, anyone u like ,not to get anywhere close to you after you been down a gravel driveway! lol. so far very happy with them.my 94 has lsd and going up some banks and just playing didn't need 4wd at all.

does anybody know if a dealer can reset my speedo since it is electronic? mine seems to be about 5 mph off. doing the whole 60 sec test from mile marker to mile marker.runs 55 secs running 60 mph

Edited by Daves94XE

... fuel mileage went up...

...does anybody know if a dealer can reset my speedo since it is electronic? mine seems to be about 5 mph off. doing the whole 60 sec test from mile marker to mile marker.runs 55 secs running 60 mph

I'd wait for a Claibrated speedo before you go boasting MPG. If your speedo is 5 mph off at 60 then your trip meter will say say 65 after only going 5 miles and that accounts for ~1.25 mpg gain if you were getting ~15 before. I'm not saying you gained or didn't I'm just saying its hard to verify the accuracy.

you can get new gears for your speed sensor at the dealer or you can by an electronic calibration chip for like 40 bucks and wire it in yourself.

i can tell by driving from my house to my gf house everyday (22 miles one way,all interstate)i am getting better mileage. the motor dropped almost 500 rpm and she followed me so i know how much my speedo is off.

Edited by Daves94XE

not really, if u are running 70 mph. and you run 3200 rpms, then u go up in size say from a 29” tall tire to a 31” tall tire your rpms drop to 2600, once you are moving already u arent using as much fuel as with a smaller tire turning higher rpms.it takes alittle more gas to get rolling with the bigger tires,but once u get moving and stay at a constant speed.it uses less cause the engine doesnt turn as hard. if i had the 4.30 gearset it would def be worse mpg than the 4.60 i have now.cause the engine would have to work harder to stay at 70 mph

32 psi for the old Gereral grabbers AT that came with my rig 20 yrs ago. But each tire is differant. my Nokian 31s are soft rubber and take 36+ may laredos were so stiff they took 25-33(you couldn't tell the differance, REALLY)

rub chalk on the tire and drive a few feet.

it if the center is clean it has too much psi

if the edges are clean it has too little psi

if the chalk rubbed off evenly you are good.

Great post! It's very nice. Thank you so much for your post.

probably not too helpful but my 93 is a little more than 4mph over on the speedo, courtesy of many passes through those 'your speed is!' signs.

i'd just attributed it to the fact the truck's two years younger than me. :o