Tail-end sag?

4x4white03

So I finally was able to post some picks of the truck in the pics/vids section on the forum. I also noticed a couple of people commented that it looks like the rear end is low...... I guess it looks fine to me, it rides a little odd (feels like the rear end wants to slide out from under the body during a turn while hitting the gas). Does there seem to be an issue? Please take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks

Lowsideedit.jpg

ThreeQuarterEdit.jpg

The rear end sliding out feeling (on dry roads) might be because of work rear control arm bushings. Mine does that too. When they get bad, some people report a 'death wobble' feeling on the highway.

What a nice clean pathy!

Thanks for the nice comments! :beer:

The truck is actually in pretty good shape and only has 78K miles on it. I've got a friend who has his own shop, so I'll get with him and we'll see what's up. Thanska again for the comments!

I love those wheels!! Can I Have them? Hell, I'll give you my 15x10's for them!!

But anyway, the rear end does look unusually low. Maybe take some pics of under the rear to get a better look.

Jose

Good looking Pathfinder!

I have a 2003 SE as well, with 75k on it. It sags exactly the same as yours. Or I shouldn't necessarily say "sag", it LOOKS exactly like yours, regarding the stance.

I've considered replacing the rear coils, but just haven't bothered with it yet.

Do you ever have it bottom out on you when you have a big load in the back, or a couple of heavy passengers?

Good looking Pathfinder!

I have a 2003 SE as well, with 75k on it. It sags exactly the same as yours. Or I shouldn't necessarily say "sag", it LOOKS exactly like yours, regarding the stance.

I've considered replacing the rear coils, but just haven't bothered with it yet.

Do you ever have it bottom out on you when you have a big load in the back, or a couple of heavy passengers?

I haven't had any issues yet *fingers-crossed*

I'll be giving it some love during Thanksgiving weekend, so we'll see what comes out of that.

The air lift 1000 kit is good and does make it stiffen up and you can definetely add an inch with 20+ psi in the bags.

But Ive had 2 sets now fail on me after they mysteriously lost pressure then the spring just eats them for dinner when theres no pressure in them

They work so good Im orderring another pair and doing something to protect them this time lol

• 2 weeks later...

Although, this does not make "common sense" my Path was lower in the back like yours. I replaced the shocks with KYB Gas-A-Just, rear is higher. Stock shocks were 10 yrs old, when I took them off they did not expand. Rear sits higher now than it did. Shocks were inexpensive and very easy to install.