Who wants a better Cat? Magnaflow cats $75

MY1PATH

• 1 year later...

If you buy a weld-in magnaflow hiflow cat, you can get them even cheaper. when I built my exhaust system for the OBX headers I made it 2.5" all the way back and used a magnaflow hi-flow 2.5" weld in cat. I had it shipped to canada and in total it cost me 75$ after shipping! Great cat for the money, awesome performance as well. I definitely gained ponies from the exhaust but I did the whole system at once so the difference was much more noticeable, im sure. Still a great replacement for a worn out old stock cat.

If you buy a weld-in magnaflow hiflow cat, you can get them even cheaper. when I built my exhaust system for the OBX headers I made it 2.5" all the way back and used a magnaflow hi-flow 2.5" weld in cat. I had it shipped to canada and in total it cost me 75$ after shipping! Great cat for the money, awesome performance as well. I definitely gained ponies from the exhaust but I did the whole system at once so the difference was much more noticeable, im sure. Still a great replacement for a worn out old stock cat.

Unfortunately, there is a very small list for Approved Weld in cats for CA on the pathfinder and because its CA they are only about $10 cheaper than the direct fit ones.

The 3rd largest and most populous state in the US housing 12% of the population (38 million, more than Canada's 35 million) and it still has wilderness, open areas and clean air in most areas. I'm thankful for those 'crazy regulations'. ;)

B

The 3rd largest and most populous state in the US housing 12% of the population (38 million, more than Canada's 35 million) and it still has wilderness, open areas and clean air in most areas. I'm thankful for those 'crazy regulations'. ;)

B

WA has lots of pretty and green as well, They smog test, on rollers with a sniffer in many areas but I do not think they are quite as strict.

I don't like mass polluters, I don't like diesel smoke tunes but I don't like insane smog regs either.

I think If a car can pass tailpipe it should be good to go! I also think Smog should be weighted against the VOLUME of gas produced. Meaning a 1.2L with a 1.5" tail pipe should be allowed to run a little dirty because it can barely smoke out a garage but a 5.7L should be squeaky clean because if it was running bad you could choke everyone around you with the stomp of a foot.

I understand that testing equipment to measure the volume of gas coming out of a pipe is a little more expensive but it would also give a more accurate view on what we are doing to our environment. But then again most of this $#!t is about money anyway the environment has just become an excuse.

Edited by MY1PATH

I think If a car can pass tailpipe it should be good to go!

I do agree with this as well, but I think the arguement (other than the sake of simplicity) is that if there is missing/damaged components or someone's home shop jury rigged set up to pass smog, how long is it going to function properly, ie. is it reliable?

I drove a dune buggy for years that was not smog legal due to components but it ran so clean the smog tech tested it twice, and his own car once in between to double check the sniffer, so yeah, I know how it goes...

The point is, it isn't going to go away, it is part of the price of living here. :shrug:

B