Requesting writeup/How-to

LostNcrRanger

This one is for the folks who've installed,or are planning to install a third brake light. There's no How-To on the subject,and i'd like someone to write one up before i decide whether or not tackle the job. Thanks in advance.

3 holes, 2 of em small for mounting the light, 1 big enough to run the wires through. Theres a bodyline in the roof that continues into the light housing that helps with lining up, that and some measuring to make SURE your as centered as you care to be and BAM

17cbf1c2.jpg

3rd brake light on a non equiped truck :aok:

dont forget to connect the rear window washer hose to the noozle in the light as well... just thought of that (its built into the lense so no modifications needed there either) You will understand about 99% of what you need to do when removing from the doner. And somewhere there IS a writeup about putting brighter LED strips in one (IIRC by 88pathoffroad).

And somewhere there IS a writeup about putting brighter LED strips in one (IIRC by 88pathoffroad).

I have been waiting to find a light assembly from a JY truck to do this. the LEDs on my 3rd brake light are so dim they can't be seen in the daylight.

I'll hunt it down but I DO remember readign it and it saying something about the doners were newer GM S-series SUV

edit: found this post so far... still digging

The third brake lights are all LED-equipped. I decided mine wasn't bright enough so I did a little modding on it using LED strips out of two Chevy third brake lights...

Stock LED's.

redleds1.jpg

High-output LED's.

redleds2.jpg

On the Pathy.

redleds3.jpg

Edited by nunya

3 holes, 2 of em small for mounting the light, 1 big enough to run the wires through. Theres a bodyline in the roof that continues into the light housing that helps with lining up, that and some measuring to make SURE your as centered as you care to be and BAM

17cbf1c2.jpg

3rd brake light on a non equiped truck :aok:

Yep, looks like it too. You have the non 3rd brake light spoiler... ;)

B

Yep, looks like it too. You have the non 3rd brake light spoiler... ;)

B

Actually I do currently have the correct spoiler on, that pic does prove the light fits under the strait wing (not that thats the point, I was just too lazy at that time to dig it out)

I like the straight wing better I just think it looks better light or no light.

I do know the straight wing with no light kept my back glass clean before I got the light. Once installed there was a dirter streak the width of the light going down the center. when I tried the Light wing the streak became a wedge pointing towards the light. I guess I need a rear wiper now...

Edited by MY1PATH