New to the crowd

97nissan

Whats up everyone,

Im new to the site, found it on nicoclub and it looked like a lot of those guys were on here too so i decided to check it out.

Im Kellen and im currently living in Surprise, AZ. Been here about a year but havent really looked for any cool places to wheel or go off-road so i was hoping there would be some fellow Arizonans on here who could maybe show me around or let me know where the good trails are. I have a 97 pathfinder with 31's, not lifted yet but hoping to lift it when i have the funds... I can already tell this is an awesome forum so any info on the area would be great

004.jpg

new3.jpg

P5040110.jpg

4-wheelin.jpg

Hey Bud!! Welcome and good looking truck. What tires are those??

There are several members in your immediate area, a few noobs like you, koveman and beastpath IIRC. Shouldn't be too hard to find some wheeling friends, but then I also know just how large that metro area is...

B

Thanks! Yes it is a large metro but yeah i thought there would be some guys in my area. The tires are Dick Cepek Mountain cat M/S, 31s. Their my old tires, i recently switched to the Toyo open country all-terrains

Oh yeah I live practically right next to the white tanks in surprise, I new about that area but I just don't know where to enter it lol. Man why do you have highway tires, switch those babys out and let's go!! lol thanks for the info and where is an entrance to get into those mountains?

i was talking with a guy a while back, he said he has to go to the recorders office or something and register, said they give him gate codes and clearance to 4x4 in there. ask the sheriff's office. we're not really doing anything illegal, so... they'd be the resource for that i'd presume. and, run highway tires due to a string of 3 blowouts on a particularly rough financial time(and the pathy is a hardcore daily driver, i put commercial miles on her.) saving for some real tires, and pos. some more suspension. :) i live in mesa, haha.. so, sycamore has been my spot of choice. there are also some cool things out in maricopa that aren't too hardcore, i pulled off w/ overloaded truck full of friends and guns etc

EDIT: also, with kumho highway tires. hahaha..

Edited by synthetic

• 5 weeks later...

I just now saw this. Nice looking truck (even if it doesn't have a frame). RedneckDave lives out your way and I love playing around in the Hassayampa just West of Wittman. It's easy stuff, but there is a lot to see out there. We should get together with Dave and head out soon. I went out there with Beastpath earlier this year, but the river bed changes with every storm which keeps it interesting.