Electric fuel pump on TD27T

terra88

Has anyone fitted a Holley (or electric) fuel pump to their TD27T terrano? Apparently the factory manual injector pump can starve at higher revs and the extra fuel pressure being supplied to the pump helps power etc?

I'm am not deisel expert but I would be careful buying just any big brand(performance) like Holley and MSD fuel pumps. Allot of them have the tendancy to put out too much preassure(designed for 60-100 PSI systems) when it comes to small engine needs. I would look into a cheaper pump that would be easier to regulate.

First I would install a fuel preassure guage and find out what normal preassure your engine runs and see if that drops off at higher revs.(good idea to test first) If it does then you also have a ballpark of what PSI you need to maintain and get a pump that can supply slightly above that and install it inline with an ajustable regulator. So that it never exeeds the stock PSI range.

I hope this points in the right direction, good luck.

Thanks mate. The factory fuel lines will be in negative pressure because the IP sucks the fuel from the tank. I looked into holley red or some walbro pumps that pump between 4-7 psi and pump on demand.

If that's all the pressure you need, see if you can find something that crosses to an airtex e8012s. We sell that at O'Reilly for about 50-60 bucks. I don't know what kind of parts houses you guys have over there, but it would probably be cheaper than a Holley or walboro with the same results. Hope this helps some... If nothing else, it's another idea