Another Question about JGC springs.. SORRY

Xtreme2Pathfinder

Guys,

I know that we are to look for a 93-97 JGC with a V-8 in it. But a Friend is going to give me a free set of front springs that comes from a 95 JGC but it only has a 4.0L engine in it. Will this give me enough lift like the one front JGC that had V-8 in them? Here the kicker these stock spring have an extra 1.5" lift (according to my Sheep friend). I also going to have him straighten the last coil back to 4" from the 3.5" just in case.

I guess there is only one way to find out... Try it and if it works great if not, I'm not out any money...

lm

I guess there is only one way to find out... Try it and if it works great if not, I'm not out any money...

If they're aftermarket springs for the extra lift, who knows. Trial and error is easy, you could put them in quick and be sure.

Measure the spring height, and the coil wire thickness. You could also weigh them.

Stock Pathy springs are about 16" tall. JGC's are about half-inch taller, but have thicker coil wire and therefore weigh more. The last couple of sets of JGC springs I weighed on my bathroom scale were 16 lbs and 14 lbs. The 16 lb set had the thicker wire guage, which I think makes them heavy-duty springs. Came off a JGC Laredo.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought about the different springs. Perhaps they are part of a tow or offroad package. Looking for hitches, or different rims/bigger tires may define it... Maybe I'm nuts...

Bernard