Hi Lift Jack and Jerry can

5523Pathfinder

Bender had a homemade jerry can holder which was welded to the back of the carrier to the right of the spare. He also welded a couple tabs with threaded rod on top of the carrier to hold the jack horzontally. I re-drilled spare tire mount bolts a bit higher up on the carrier in hopes of giving me more departure angle. I haven't hit it on anything yet so i think we're good. I'll get you some pictures of it so you can see what i'm talking about.

Edited by nige

Bender had a pre-made jerry can holder which was welded to the back of the carrier to the right of the spare. He also welded a couple tabs with threaded rod on top of the carrier to hold the jack horzontally. I re-drilled spare tire mount bolts a bit higher up on the carrier in hopes of giving me more departure angle. I haven't hit it on anything yet so i think we're good. I'll get you some pictures of it so you can see what i'm talking about.

Lol I did the exact same thing with drilling the holes to move the tire up, but am going to have a dude cnc cut a new bolt on part to raise it up more....

I will eventually be making 1x2x1/4" strips (two of them) welding them to the top of my tire carrier, and then put two 1/2" bolts through them welding the bolt head to the bracket....thats where i'll put the highlift.

Yeah, pics would be helpful. I placed the holder up to the carrier, but, with a 33 sitting back there, it blocks the right taillamp. Does anyone reading this thread remember someone who fitted the jack under the back seats? Thanks for replying guys!

LOL!!

I placed the holder up to the carrier, but, with a 33 sitting back there, it blocks the right taillamp.

Is that placing it flatwise against the carrier? What if you attached it by the narrow side? (Like Simon had on Atari)

IMG_2037.jpg

Does anyone reading this thread remember someone who fitted the jack under the back seats?

Unless there was another poster, it was AlexRex in his R50.

Thanks all for posting the pics.

Pezzy, I will try and turn the can holder and try and figure a way to mount it(I will take some pics tonight and post em). I like both ways actually.

Bonez, how is the jack attached to the carrier itself? (I may find out at the Jim run?)

Thanks all for posting the pics.

Pezzy, I will try and turn the can holder and try and figure a way to mount it(I will take some pics tonight and post em). I like both ways actually.

Bonez, how is the jack attached to the carrier itself? (I may find out at the Jim run?)

I welded 2 bolts 2 the carrier and put nits on them that take a 19 mm wrench witch there are always 2 spares of in the pathfinder sence it is used all over the place. Yes you will see it at the mister jim run allot like nige posted except i don't have the cool wing nuts. I just used what I had 4 free.