Need some measurements

unccpathfinder

cut off the 2 tabs last week and started getting some rough measurements...I've got a plan of attack for fixing this thing on here and it being good for a long long time...more to come in about 3 weeks...

Prob gonna have to cut on the sides of the wrap around:

DSCN5548.jpg

DSCN5564.jpg

DSCN5560.jpg

DSCN5557.jpg

Like how it lines up with the sliders:

DSCN5563.jpg

DSCN5561.jpg

yes...i know its about .5-1" off center

Edited by unccpathfinder

Looks good. Do you have a picture of the bumper mocked at bumper level from the side? I'm curious to know what's the approach angle with the bumper on. Do you plan on raising the bumper up to sit flush with the body because it looks like the stinger support would really block your headlights if you did.

• 1 month later...

Very nice...im impressed with the imagination, ingenuity, and raw skill a lot of you have on the forum. The comments, criticism (constructive) and brainstorming support makes tackling ANY maintenance/modification project a less daunting task indeed!!!

Tye

Its cool watching some of these projects come along!!

Sorry I'm late to the topic but I was going to mention, but you probably already know, that the front frame of the Toyota pickup where the bumper bolts up to is flat, the Toyota at least the 84-88 Toyota pickups bolt straight into the frame, unlike ours that mount to the sides. Looking good !

Got 2 more brkts welded up last night and the tabs for the turn signals...it passed the high lift test and now it needs to get the full load pull test after i get the winch wired up and maybe get my chicken fasteners in

47624_761695389537_36619102_40986099_5817303_n.jpg

better pix and my cobbled up pix to come...

I also learned how to modify brackets for 3" BL to get rid of the BS performance accessories spacer plates...after I put the 3" BL on the gf's truck and verify they're work I may try to make a couple of sets to sell

• 2 months later...

What measurements you need? planning on yanking the spare down from under her 4runner anyway (make sure it ain't dryrotted to hell and back since the wheel looks like it went through a war). Should be able to get a couple good measurements there

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a lil work done on Sunday...still need to weld some plates to the frame to help with my bolt bearing loads but other than that I'm done besides the spare tire, light mounts,high lift mount,Jerry can holder and beverage holders oh and permenant plate mounting

Crappy pix and post from the phone but technology is great

IMG_20110327_141609.jpg

IMG_20110327_141621.jpg

IMG_20110327_141552.jpg

• 2 months later...