Pathy bogging

mudfinder

hey guys, i don't know if anyone has this problem or had it but when i'm fully stopped and i punch it, my truck boggs like krazy, the rpm goes up and then back down. i've changed my throttle body sensor, intake box, i've got a tune up down but same crap. now, i've heard that it has to do w/ my fuel, it's getting cut off somewhere, could it be my injectors? my path is a 91 w/ 146000miles and the injectors never been changed. i've used injector cleaner but it doens't help. or could if be the fuel pump. any ideas? :help:

DANG IT!!! Aaron beat me to it. The on and only thing I was gonna say was the fuel filter and HE BEAT ME!!!

In my last car I would be stopped and it would start to bog then i would have to give it gas to keep it alive. Some times I would give it gas and when it down shifted it would seem that the engine actually died then started up real quick. Ever since I changed that fuel filter it hasnt really done that. Try it out

The fuel filter is WAY easy to do and pretty cheap!

Rami

done that, i've changed my fuel filter, as well as the o2, and yeah i did run the ecu and nothing came up, could it be possible that i could have dirt in my gas tank since i stick think in mud or no possible way for it to get in? but can it be my fuel injectors?

Guest audiosportconcepts

I had a similar problem and you don't know what i went through to figure it out, It ended up being the ignition control module, it may not sound like a common problem, but it must be. Because i had 2 pathfinders (both the same year and the same mileage) and it was the ICM on both occasions. BUT here's the real kicker, your truck has the same mileage too. All this part does is give your ignition coil more boost, so if your not getting enough spark, obviosly it won't rev up. It's located on the front of the driver side wheelwell and it's right next to your coil, the box is only about 2"x 2", and the cost of the part is $85.00. Good luck and godspeed

Corey

It sounds kinda like my problem!! Does it sputter when you punch the gas??
yeah, when i accelrate normal, it's fine, but when i punch it the rpm goes up and than back down, like i'm tuggin on something.also, while driving, it would lag like someone is pulling on me while i'm driving. and today on my way to work, at a light, my rpm was down to 250, when i give it gas it would sputter and then pick up, at work, i'd let it idle, it stayed at 250rpm and that thing sounded like a desiel with blue smoke comming out of the exhuast. my buddy at work looked at it, he took off the air intake and let it run like that it was idleing fine, he'd put his hand in the intake and it started idling real low again. when i connected my intake and let it ilde for about 5 mins it was start choking and start idling low w/ blue smoke from the exhust, i'd take the intake off and it'd idle fine. so i'm just going to change the air filter and see what happens. looks like it has to do w/ my intake mass flow.

Guest audiosportconcepts

If you punch the gas fast it will almost stall right out right? But if you push it real slow than it will slowly rev up. That's what mine did, and sometimes it would run absolutely fine but than other times it would either die all together or start real hard if at all. I messed around with the top end too, and plugged off vaccum lines and the whole works, I thought for the longest time it was the egr valve, but it wasn't. I can honestly say, that both of you guys have a bad Ignition control module. If you don't feel like buying a new one, just get one off a junker at the salvage yard. There are a couple different types you need to take yours off to see who makes it. If your not sure what it looks like, just e-mail me for a pic

hey guys, i don't know if anyone has this problem or had it but when i'm fully stopped and i punch it, my truck boggs like krazy, the rpm goes up and then back down.  i've changed my throttle body sensor, intake box, i've got a tune up down but same crap.  now, i've heard that it has to do w/ my fuel, it's getting cut off somewhere, could it be my injectors? my path is a 91 w/ 146000miles and the injectors never been changed. i've used injector cleaner but it doens't help. or could if be the fuel pump. any ideas? :help:

could be the fuel pump. they tend to act up when warm/hot. i didn't see anybody mention fuel filter so i will. i had same problems on other vehicles and that was the culprit most of the time... cheap and worth a try... and then of course you could try italian tuneup just for kicks...

:D

could be the fuel pump. they tend to act up when warm/hot. i didn't see anybody mention fuel filter so i will. i had same problems on other vehicles and that was the culprit most of the time... cheap and worth a try... and then of course you could try italian tuneup just for kicks...

:D

Guess you didn't see when he mentioned he changed his fuel filter above. ;)

Airfilter, then MAF, then electrics (pump/moduels/computers), then fuel system(lines/pickups/injectors etc), then mechanical(head gaskets/distrubutor drive/rings/valves....)

Its always best to start with simple things first. Go through the disposables like you filters and pick screensetc.

Then the through the catagories/systems that make up an engine.

Start with electrical, its the weakest link of the three.

Then check the fuel system, its next in line,

And finally go for the mechanical.

If you follow that rule, problem solving becomes easy, as you can system matically work your way through the engine and management systems.

i just changed the air filter and "knock on wood" its running alot better, it hasn't bogged or anything yet. and i did drive a quite a way today. i also took it through some mud so, again, it's fine now. i was worried that it might of been a cracked block or blown gasket, but if it doesn't do it anymore, i think that's out of the list. my cousin just got his head gaskets replaced when he blew them up on his 4runner. i have a questions, anyone know where i can get a k&n intake for the path? is it a good idea to or leave it stock? i don't seem to find them anywhere, if not i'll just stick to the k&n air filter.

I ran the K&N stock panel filter replacement and I noticed a better throttle response vs the paper filter element. I know upgraded to the JWT Popcharger. I'm keeping the stock air box and K&N just in cause I decide to go fording in deep water.

I found one locally at Schucks/Checkers, so you might try there if that chain is local. It was like $45. But just about any shop that sells K&N's should be able to order one if they don't stock it. Most places seem to stock only the basic American cars, and I can't even locate one for our Acura CL which takes the same as an Accord. Special order time. But like Cuong says, I also noticed a bit more response.

have you guys heard of "true flow"? well i'm going to get the drop in air filter for my path and maybe it'll bring a little more power. true flow is supposibably (sp) better than K & N. has anyone tried true flow, i know alot have tried k and n.