Greetings from Dominican Republic

Milos

Hello,

I live in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, Caribbean, 12 months of summer, 82F average temp.

I work as real estate agent.

My Nissan is Pathfinder from 1995, it was covered with Re/Max sticker completely, so I took the sticker off, and found out that there is a corrosion at few spots.

Changed the oil, oil filter, air filter, battery, and fixed the A/C, transmission oil, transmission oil filter also.

I am not mechanic, my father is, but he lives in Belgrade, Serbia, South East Europe, that would be 5264 miles over Atlantic Ocean. That is why I am on this forum...

Basically it looked like this (now is all green, no sticker):

DSCN9715.JPG

and

DSCN9716.JPG

and

DSCN9710.JPG

• Like 1

:welcome:

Nothing against Remax, understand it's your job and you have to publicise yourself, but taking that off was the best thing to do for your Pathfinder.

I like a lot the front grill with the headlight protection.

Belgrade, Serbia, hey? I have a lot of family in that area as well. I was there last summer visiting. It's an interesting place but I'd much rather be in the Caribbean. Nice Pathy, welcome to the site :) I like the grill guard as well, I'm picking up a cheap one off craigslist today.

:welcome:

Nothing against Remax, understand it's your job and you have to publicise yourself, but taking that off was the best thing to do for your Pathfinder.

I like a lot the front grill with the headlight protection.

Yes, that sticker (hole car was covered with it) made a corrosion in many areas on the body.

Front grills area common in Dominican Republic, almost all pickup trucks, jeeps have it, also small and big buses.

You have to be careful driving in Dominican Republic, as there are lots of roads with holes (go Pathfinders), and lots of scooters and motorcycles that will try to pass you on the right side. Motorcycles are also Moto-taxis that are picking up the clients on the right side of the road, that is why they passing cars on the right side. And there is a rule, bigger car - more rights on the road.

As for Pathfinders, climate is constant summer (similar as in Florida, but less Hurricanes).

Milos Korac

p.s. there is a different phone then it is on the sticker.

Edited by Milos

• 1 month later...