HELP PLEASE

i just cleaned my engine with simple green. i followed all the precautions by covering the spark plugs, distributor, fuse boxes, etc. i start the car and everything seems ok, however it idles at about 1100 RPM. when i put it into drive or reverse, the engine light starts blinking and my truck starts shaking. this was right after i cleaned it. can anyone help me with this problem? thank you!

CEL blinking = misfire.

Sounds like you got water where it shouldn't have gotten. I would check your spark plugs and plug wires again. You have probably gotten water into the hole that the spark plug sits in, which can cause the plug wire to short out. You can usually clear out any residual water by blasting compressed air into the holes (except, of course, the holes that are buried under the intake plenum).

Also, as a precaution, check the MAF sensor. If it's wet your engine won't run well.

they aren't that loose, however i just blew air on them and in the holes. now the engine light is not blinking but it is still idling weird when in park and drive. it sort of shudders and you can see the rpm needle shake a little.

just sounds like you have water in a plug. let it dry out (or by electric parts drier) and try again.

I made an extension for my shopvac with tranny line going into even smaller vac lines to suck gunk/water out of spark plug holes. Works great and If you use clear line as I did you can see what was in there water oil etc.

X2 on water getting somewhere you don't want it.

As long as the CEL isn't blinking (blinking means it can affect other emmisions components) dry out any obvious puddles, remove the dizzy cap and give it and the rotor a shot of WD-40, reinstall and let it idle until warm, then shut it off and let it self dry.

B